Bug ID needed [a: spider beetle]

(5 posts)
  1. hbennett

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 5 2015 13:11:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Roommate killed this in the bathroom this morning. Can't tell if it's a bedbug or spider beetle, this was the best photo I could get + I zoomed in. It's a little smaller than a pea.

[/url]
    [/url]

2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 5 2015 13:43:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Appears to me to be the crushed body of a Shiny Spider Beetle.

But I'm not an expert . . . so please wait for Lou to confirm . . . (or not).

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 5 2015 14:37:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs.

Almost certainly a spider beetle.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 5 2015 15:38:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't tell if it's a bedbug or spider beetle, this was the best photo I could get + I zoomed in.
    Not a bed bug and is a spider beetle, almost certainly a shiny spider beetle. It might have been good to be further back to take the picture because it might have been more in focus. Close-ups are preferable but you might have to take a few shots to see how the camera decides to focus or try manual focus or even try a background with some lines so the camera can focus on lines. The antennae are a spider beetle antennae and not that of a bed bug. Legs are spider beetle like. The globular body and coloration are shiny spider beetle attributes. Compare to bed bug pictures so you be become familiar with these insects. Abs get the prize.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 5 2015 16:10:14
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs -  » 
    Abs get the prize.

Yay! I LOVE prizes and surprises!

. . . Tell the lady what she's won Lou!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123