Tags:

1. Paradigm1988

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 14:51:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

My girlfriend just moved into a new apartment, and hasn't had any issues with bed bugs in the past.
    She sent a message that she has some bites on her (don't have pictures at the moment).

In addition, a small insect was crawling around my desk at work (after spending the night at her place).

Screenshot_2015-04-14-15-44-57 by Paradigm1988, on Flickr

The "0" on the page is approximately 2mm high, making the insect about 2.5-3mm. It looks similar to some of the pictures posted on here, but would appreciate another opinion.

Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 14:58:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry to say that appears to be a recently fed nymph.

Please start with the FAQs and build up the knowledge needed to start to tackle this correctly. While you first and current instinct may well be to rush and treat today or tomorrow understanding and getting it right from the start is actually the faster path to getting the problem resolved.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 16:05:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Para: She sent a message that she has some bites on her (don't have pictures at the moment).

In addition, a small insect was crawling around my desk at work (after spending the night at her place).
    ---------------------------------
    So you find a bed bug on your desk after spending the night with your girlfriend, and she also sends you a message that she has bites on her.

So putting two and two together sounds like your girlfriend's new place has a bed bug problem?

But wait, with bed bugs 2 plus 2 doesn't always equal 4.

Of course, her place should be checked out, so see FAQ's for proper inspection/monitoring procedures and/or call a professional.

But there are other possibilities. I don't know all the timing involved, but there are scenarios where the bed bugs could actually be coming from YOUR place, but you are one of the many people who simply don't react to bite. So that should be looked into. And, then there's also the possibility that the source of the problem is coming from work as opposed to the other way around.

In any event, I would start by inspecting and monitoring both your places, as well as considering a local source problem at work.

The FAQ's here have lots of good information, but in the end, unless you want to put in a lot of time learning, you may want to turn to a professional at some point.

Richard

4. Paradigm1988

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Apr 15 2015 13:38:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the replies! I understand there are certainly many variables. I returned to my apartment and did a reasonably thorough inspection of my bedroom. After reading through the FAQ's on this site, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as an issue, though I understand this doesn't rule it out either.

My roommate checked his area as well, and said the same as me.

Back at my girlfriend's new apartment, we did a thorough check of the bedroom and area, and found another bug that looked nearly identical to the picture I posted, on her pillow inside the case, but no other obvious (to us) signs.

I understand with issues like this the possiblities are endless. It could be an issue with the new apartment, my apartment, my work, or possibly even picked up in the moving van we used.

We're keeping a close eye on it, and she's informed her landlord to have a professional come in and check.

Thanks everyone.

5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Apr 15 2015 14:16:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Save the bug you found at her place for confirmation for the LL and PCO.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago