Bug ID - hotel

(3 posts)
  1. Thanks12345

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Mar 13 2019 22:04:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this on my hotel bed after returning to my room for the day. It was extremely small but didn’t get a picture with size context. I put a cup over it and it climbed all over the place trying to get out. Hotel came by and said not bed bugs (of course). Would love some expert comfirmation. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144541205@N04/shares/D1155v

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144541205@N04/shares/e7p1VD

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 days ago
    Fri Mar 15 2019 4:48:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug but may need Lou to give a species ID.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 days ago
    Fri Mar 15 2019 7:58:26
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    100% not bedbug but may need Lou to give a species ID.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

It's a little too small and not clear enough for an ID, but one picture looks a bit like a thrips.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017