Bug ID from dry ice trap

(3 posts)
  1. plshelpme123

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 12 2019 20:45:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! I’ve been driving myself crazy the past month or so after finding a couple of bedbugs on the outside of my tent that I was living in for an internship this summer. I was living out of my car and sleeping in a tent, and slept in my car a singe night out of the sixty I was there.

I found two bugs on the outside of the tent and treated everything possible in dryers.

When I got home I set a dry ice/dog food bowl style trap in my car and left it to sit. I checked it today and found these three little bugs and I’m not super happy. They are about the size of a flake of black pepper. I’ve been trying to ID them and am very much hoping they’re not bed bug nymphs as the anxiety is eating me up.

Please help me.

[img]IMG_5343<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

IMG_5338<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_5331<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 13 2019 5:28:56
    #

Login to Send PM

They look like first instar bed bug nymphs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. plshelpme123

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 13 2019 7:21:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no.

I guess my next step is Nuvan strips for the car.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325