Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bug ID (beetle)?

(7 posts)
  1. lsdrg706

Posted 5 days ago
    Fri Sep 14 2018 20:59:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Could someone tell me what this is despite my not great pics? It is unfortunately the best I can do. One looks much lighter than the other because of the lighting. Same bug though.

https://flic.kr/p/2b1mp1C

https://flic.kr/p/2b5DKM8

2. lsdrg706

Posted 4 days ago
    Sat Sep 15 2018 8:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Btw VERY teeny thing, thus the trouble getting a good phone pic. I found him on my bed. I suspect he came through the window screen. He was certainly small enough to fit through those holes.

3. tami869

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sat Sep 15 2018 21:44:22
    #

Login to Send PM

A beetle of some sort

4. lsdrg706

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 7:25:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I'm wondering what kind though

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 9:44:40
    #

Login to Send PM

lsdrg706 - 1 day ago ย ยปย 
    Could someone tell me what this is despite my not great pics? It is unfortunately the best I can do. One looks much lighter than the other because of the lighting. Same bug though.
    Btw VERY teeny thing, thus the trouble getting a good phone pic. I found him on my bed. I suspect he came through the window screen. He was certainly small enough to fit through those holes.

One of the fungus beetles. I believe one of the erotylid beetles - I think a species of Cryptophilus. Most likely from outdoors.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. lsdrg706

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 9:53:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Lou, someone on reddit said grain beetle, but that didn't feel right. ๐Ÿ˜Š He was found on my bed right under an open window, and my whole family eats keto so there is almost no grain of any sort in my house.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 13:27:52
    #

Login to Send PM

lsdrg706 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Lou, someone on reddit said grain beetle, but that didn't feel right. ๐Ÿ˜Š He was found on my bed right under an open window, and my whole family eats keto so there is almost no grain of any sort in my house.

To the uninformed, the common response is grain beetle, but yours isn't one of those pantry pests. That said, however, there are some pantry pests that infest off or moldy grain and are not found in clean grain or grain products. Many insects are attracted to lights and show up at windows and if small enough can crawl in.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172