Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bug ID? Are these even bug related? (Pics)

(3 posts)
  1. bedbugtemp

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 21 2015 21:50:52
    #

Login to Send PM

My girlfriend and I just moved into a new apartment and purchased the previous tenant's couch. We haven't purchased a new mattress for the apartment, so we have been sleeping on this couch for the past week. Today she noticed some bites on her arms and legs. Upon inspecting the couch, we found tons of these small round tiny shiny dots. They are round on one side and flat on the bottom. Are these related to bugs of any kind?

Also, the previous owners did have a dog, as we were looking into the possibility of fleas, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to solve these bites!

Thanks!

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 21 2015 22:56:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Not flea poop. Did you inspect the underside of the couch for cast skins?

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 22 2015 5:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Upon inspecting the couch, we found tons of these small round tiny shiny dots. They are round on one side and flat on the bottom. Are these related to bugs of any kind?
    Bed bug feces will become drops with flat bottoms if they aren't absorbed into surface material. Here's an example on vinyl and crepe rubber sole. bed bug infested slipper, sole & stitching by louento.pix, on Flickr

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45