(3 posts)
  1. Kak7127

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 1 2019 14:07:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,

So we just moved into a new apartment. I am 99% sure we saw a bed bug in the moving truck. It was alive, we killed it. All of our stuff was already in the truck at that point so we couldn't just take it all out and get a new truck, it seemed pointless. This was on Friday. Haven't gotten any bites. Just now, I found this in the bedroom on the carpet by the door, already dead. I am about as sure as I can be that it is a bed bug. I am going to tell our apartment manager about it. What can we do from here? Should we be worried if this one is dead even though the one in the truck was alive? Please help. I am shaking. Thank you in advance.

https://imgur.com/a/heyujQ1

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 2 2019 1:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I don't want to sugercoat ist but you have definitly been exposed to bed bugs. There is no certainty that there weren't others which have been hitchhiking.

It is impossible to say where or how many there might be or if you even have them. I mean with that, that you won't find them. I would just act as if they are in the apartment. First step is monitoring, install interceptors or passive montitors to couches and beds and maybe encase matresses. It could take some time for them to find you.

If I were you I wouldn't use couches or armchairs to keep an infestation away from them and try to lure them to one room (bedroom). Keep clutter away that they don't have much hiding places. Protect clothes by washing and drying on high heat and keeping them in plastic bed.

3. Kak7127

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 2 2019 6:33:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I don't want to sugercoat ist but you have definitly been exposed to bed bugs. There is no certainty that there weren't others which have been hitchhiking.
    It is impossible to say where or how many there might be or if you even have them. I mean with that, that you won't find them. I would just act as if they are in the apartment. First step is monitoring, install interceptors or passive montitors to couches and beds and maybe encase matresses. It could take some time for them to find you.
    If I were you I wouldn't use couches or armchairs to keep an infestation away from them and try to lure them to one room (bedroom). Keep clutter away that they don't have much hiding places. Protect clothes by washing and drying on high heat and keeping them in plastic bed.

Thank you. I’ve put interceptors on both beds, although we only sleep in one of them, the other is in the guest bedroom. I’ve encased them as well. I’ve thrown out all boxes that were on the truck, but I’m still scared of eggs lurking. We’re going to start washing everything today and keeping them in plastic bags. How long would you suggest we stay vigilant? I know eggs hatch in 10-14 days, correct?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,754 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07