(4 posts)
  1. Lodo956

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 21:40:48
    #

Login to Send PM

So this is my current story:
    I went hiking a week ago and the next day had lots of itchy bumps on my ankles and one on my arm. Almost certainly not from bed bugs, and rather from some woodland creature. It was around this time, though, that I began noticing little blood spots showing up on my white sheets. Upon further research though, I know that blood spots don’t really indicate bed bugs. I can try not to worry. Plus, although they don’t really match the places on the sheets with the places I itched, it’s possible I was scratching myself in my sleep and creating the blood spots. (Relax a little). Nonetheless, with the price tag of bb treatments I worry. I recently traveled a lot. And I did have a new bump show up on my butt, the very morning that I slept with said butt unclothed. I dismantled my bedding and bed frame and found no signs of bed bugs. I’ve noticed no fecal stains. I did find a lot of these bugs, though. They don’t appear to be bb but can someone ID them? Also, due to my newfound anxiety, what practical measures should someone take to avoid a bed bug infestation?

2. Lodo956

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 21:46:35
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 15 2019 1:47:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As it looks nothing like the example images it’s safe to say it’s not a bedbug.

Learn to check when you travel and above all learn what bedbugs actually look it, it’s a sound investment to reducing your stress.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 15 2019 5:54:55
    #

Login to Send PM

It´s a nymph of a smokey brown cockroach.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991