(5 posts)

Tags:

1. dc8184

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 15 2019 1:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Saw a few of these small bugs on a bed in my hotel in Mexico. Didn’t notice any suspicious bites, but changed rooms anyway. Hotel staff did not seem concerned but I was hoping to confirm whether these are bed bugs so I know how cautious to be when I get home. They look very dark because of the flash. There is a photo of the bug on my fingernail for correct color and scale. Much appreciated!

https://imgur.com/a/l755Oo0

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 15 2019 1:52:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Booklice

3. dc8184

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 15 2019 8:13:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Mawiwala. That’s a huge relief! I’m guessing others that viewed this agreed with you, but if not please chime in. Have a good one!

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 15 2019 11:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

dc8184 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, Mawiwala. That’s a huge relief! I’m guessing others that viewed this agreed with you, but if not please chime in. Have a good one!

Yes. Obviously a booklouse. Did you think it is a bed bug nymph?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. dc8184

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 16 2019 9:52:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks very much, Lou. I did think it might be a bb nymph because of the size and location on the bed. It was hard to compare to most pictures of nymphs that I saw which were close up and high resolution. Glad to hear that’s not the case, though.

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie