Bug ID

(4 posts)
  1. Bethmac78

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 21:52:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Previously had a bout of bed bugs about 4 months ago. Have since moved, gotten all
    new furniture etc but am being hyper vigilant, scrutinizing everything. Anyway, I found this in my climb up interceptor today. While I think it’s a beetle I also sat on my couch and feel
    I got bit by something, ended up with a small hive type thing that itches ( could be stress)so I’m not sure if I’m just paranoid and going crazy or if we brought them with us to our new home despite my heroic efforts not to. If someone could at least take a look at the photos I would be much obliged.

2. Bethmac78

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 21:57:57
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Bethmac78

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 22:23:56
    #

Login to Send PM

More photos including one of my hive/bite?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156654350@N07/shares/8yHoT2

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 20 2018 4:27:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Bethmac78 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Previously had a bout of bed bugs about 4 months ago. Have since moved, gotten all
    new furniture etc but am being hyper vigilant, scrutinizing everything. Anyway, I found this in my climb up interceptor today. While I think it’s a beetle I also sat on my couch and feel
    I got bit by something, ended up with a small hive type thing that itches ( could be stress)so I’m not sure if I’m just paranoid and going crazy or if we brought them with us to our new home despite my heroic efforts not to. If someone could at least take a look at the photos I would be much obliged.

Yes, beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081