(6 posts)
  1. scaredandconfused2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 12:51:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,
    You all were so helpful in the past when I had an unidentifiable bug that turned out to be a beetle. Regrettably I have another unidentifiable small bug and I am hoping you all can help. I was working at my desk at work when I noticed a small bug crawling on the wall. We were able to capture it in a bag and are waiting for ID from facilities as well. For context, we had some bed bugs at work last October, but I never noticed in my office. Please see the photos below and thanks in advance for your help.

2. scaredandconfused2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 12:53:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I apologize I was able to get the pictures to work last time I posted. I am hoping this will work.

On wall

image 1

image 2

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 13:05:03
    #

Login to Send PM

scaredandconfused2 - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hello all,
    You all were so helpful in the past when I had an unidentifiable bug that turned out to be a beetle. Regrettably I have another unidentifiable small bug and I am hoping you all can help. I was working at my desk at work when I noticed a small bug crawling on the wall. We were able to capture it in a bag and are waiting for ID from facilities as well. For context, we had some bed bugs at work last October, but I never noticed in my office. Please see the photos below and thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry, photos aren't really focused. Doesn't look like a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. scaredandconfused2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 14:00:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll see if I can get clearer photos, but if not thank you for the preliminary feedback!

5. scaredandconfused2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 16:39:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: after much anxiety, facilities came by and identified it as a baby beetle. I thought I would pass this on in the event it s helpful to others. Thank you Lou and all for your help!

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 19:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

scaredandconfused2 - 1 day ago  » 
    Update: after much anxiety, facilities came by and identified it as a baby beetle. I thought I would pass this on in the event it s helpful to others. Thank you Lou and all for your help!

Sorry. They're 100% wrong. Baby beetles aren't small beetles; they are larval forms, elongate forms like caterpillars. Your insect is an adult small beetle, possibly black carpet beetle, but can't tell because not a clear image.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,348 posts in 44,490 topics over 135 months by 19,507 of 20,186 members. Latest: SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom, Fighterme