Bug ID?

(4 posts)
  1. montez

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 14 2017 12:46:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is what we found in our bathroom sink. We have a family of four and no evidence of bites. Thanks in advance!

Montez

(Hopefully the link works!)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/afipzgwvu8409gn/AACklKfYLvCQuurdgkA2ixCpa?dl=0

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 14 2017 15:21:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug or close relative like a bat bug.

Wait for Lou for more detailed identification but I guess he would need a more detailled picture.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 14 2017 15:26:36
    #

Login to Send PM

A female bed bug. Doesn't look like a bat bug. Picture's a bit dark. What's the story in your home? Visitors, travel, etc.?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. montez

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 14 2017 16:07:05
    #

Login to Send PM

We have not traveled recently, though we have had a friend visit overnight and a couple babysitters. We did recently go to a clothing swap for our kids where other families brought in donations and we took home several clothing items. We also had our comforter hanging on our shower rod in the bathroom where the bug was found to dry from a water spill. We are in a large pre-war apartment building in NYC also. I guess there are several potential ways the bug could have gotten here. It seems strange that none of us have any bites though?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991