Bug guy's Bedbug protocol

(2 posts)
  1. DDavid

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jun 30 2009 12:02:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I found our PCO's website and this is what is listed below as part of their protocol. After all the talk here about Vikane and Diatomacous Dust, what are pyrethroid and silica gel dust? Should I be concerned?

These bed bug eradication treatments may include:

* Use of a pyrethroid flushing agent to get bed bugs out of their hiding places.
    * Treatment of mattress and bed springs depending on the mattress label. *
    * Disassembly of the bed frame to treat the frame, slats, hollow legs and open springs.
    * Light pesticide spray treatment of bed tufts, seams, and buttons on the mattress and box spring.
    * Spray or dusting of cracks around baseboards, bedside furniture and window frames.
    * Use of silica gel dusts to treat infested wall voids and attics.
    * Treatment of the entire residence to remove nests of birds, bats, squirrels or other rodents.
    * Follow-up bed bug eradication inspection is usually required.

* We will not treat the beds of infants or ill people

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jun 30 2009 17:44:36
    #

Login to Send PM

* Treatment of mattress and bed springs depending on the mattress label. *

That looks looks a misprint.... I would think that they meant pesticide label

Silica works like DE...it is an effective product....

Pyrethroids are spray & dust products that are commonly used around beds depending on the label on the product ... They are synthetic chemicals that are similar to natural compounds found in chrysanthemum flowers ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethroids

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45