Bug casings found in bed - Please help identify

(4 posts)
  1. BuggedOut_

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 9 2019 22:03:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I went away for a few days over to the island. While I was away I was finding bites and itchy spots on my face and body thinking it was from the bed at the Airbnb that I was staying in. When I got home I inspected my bed and found insect casings in my bed. I’ll try to add an image if I can find out how.

This wasn’t the first time it happened. The same thing happened when I went away a few months ago. So this time before I left, I washed and dried all of my bedding and sheets so that whatever I found in my bed when I got back wasn’t because of me.

When deep cleaning my apartment a few months ago I found an old carpet beetle nest in one of the cupboards (it was gross and made me feel like landlords just don’t care about cleanliness when you live in a big city). They’d appear here and there but I could never find a big infestation/nest. So I came to terms with the carpet beetles and I try to clean as much as I can to prevent something uncontrollable.

Is the itchiness and marks on my body, as well as the mysterious bug casings found in my bed, a result of a carpet beetle or is it another bug? Bb perhaps?

Another important detail is that I moved into this apartment in Oct 2018. My friend accidentally gave me bb when she slept over last year and I guess at that time she didn’t know she had them or was in denial. Anyway, I left that place before it got out of hand (my landlady did not want to hire an exterminator) and moved here (same city), I think they may have followed me, but I don’t want to fall into that rabbit hole before I can get an identification.

2. BuggedOut_

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 9 2019 23:09:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I definitely crushed these casings with my leg by accident.. These pictures may now be completely useless because of it.

Here it is: https://postimg.cc/gallery/1ismdipfw/

Whoever is out there to help, thank you!

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 10 2019 2:35:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Non of those images are bedbug related.

I would suggest you monitor for confirming signs but it may just be your body reacting to the change in environment.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. BuggedOut_

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 10 2019 13:13:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Thank you so much, that really puts my mind at ease. Last night I found a little moth near my bed so MAYBE the casings are from that? I’ll make sure to buy some double sided tape for my bed frame legs and some passive monitors and glue traps to make sure.

Now, I have to vacuum because of the carpet beetle (I have laminate flooring), do you think if there is even a sliver of a possibility that I have bb that I shouldn’t vacuum in case I accidentally disperse them?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto