Bug Bombs Blow Up Apt Building

(10 posts)
  1. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 25 2008 21:17:24
    #

Login to Send PM

A women released the contents of 14 bug bombs which ignited & destoyed an apartment building.

Here is the link to the story
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18145069/detail.html

2. bbdk

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 25 2008 21:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow. That's pretty insane.

And it was only her apartment that was thoroughly messed up, not the entire building.

3. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 7:33:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Watch the news video to hear a mention of the damage to all four units. They had to move all of the residents to other buildings. I suspect that they will have to check the building for structural damage.

When the resident is interviewed, she states that she is glad that no one was injured & that she should of paid more attention in science class.

No clear indication of whether any bed bugs were harmed during the incident.

I guess you could call it a fuel/air thermal treatment with a loud bang that will get you out of your lease quickly.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 7:58:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Remember, boys and girls, bug bombs don't blow up buildings...People blow up buildings!

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 8:34:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Cilecto

That is so true....and too funny!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 8:41:24
    #

Login to Send PM

It is certainly one for the Darwin awards and possibly one of the more extreme ways of dealing with the problem.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  7. aussiebug

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 9:51:26
    #

Login to Send PM

This is my first post here, it's 1am here at the moment and neither my wife or myself can sleep as the little buggers seem to be coming out of the woodwork "literally" when I read this thread it made me think of earlier today, I shut up our bedroom at let off an insect smoke bomb and the place still stinks 12 hours later, for a while I thought I might have the fire dept here as the smoke detector activated and set the alarm off, luckily I didn't leave so I deactivated it, having said all that the smoke bomb obviously didn't make a scrap of difference!

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 10:28:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi aussiebug,

I would not say that they have made a scrap of difference, they are not recommended for use in bed bug situations not because they are ineffective but because they can make the matter worse.

Please read the following link and then progress to the FAQ's on theis and other sites:

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef643.asp

Hopefully it will not have caused too much damage.

David

9. BostonPCT

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 22 2009 17:04:12
    #

Login to Send PM

The best part has to be that a "bug bomb" does nothing for bb control.

10. LowerBaltimore

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 22 2009 20:03:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe MythBusters performed an experiment with bug bombs in a closed space.

Don't we learn anything from TV?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956