Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bug bite on face?

(3 posts)
  1. Buggedandfrustrated

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 19:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I had bed bugs a few months ago. All FINALLY seems in the clear now and we are unpacking. However, I started a new job today and noticed what could only be a bug bite on a colleagues cheek. It was red, inflamed, flat but raised. Looked like a very traditional bug bite. I really, really want to hope it is a mosquito but for that person to have a new mosquito bite at 11 am seems unlikely. Also mosquitoes so rarely bite the face becuase you feel them bite there before they can do much harm. I truly doubt it was a pimple becuas by 5pm it was completely gone, no redness, not raised. Please talk me down from a ledge... what if I get bed bugs all over again from this new job?

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 20:24:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't say what your coworker had, but I can say that I've gotten mosquito bites head to toe, any and all times of day and night. Just this morning, before 9am while waiting with my kids for the bus, I got 9 mosquito bites. And, as your coworker, by 2p they were gone.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 6:32:40
    #

Login to Send PM

There is really no such thing as a traditional bed bug bite. Everyone reacts differently from pin pricks to blistered welts. That said, those with more severe reactions tend to take longer to heal. If someone had a large, red mark and it was gone by afternoon, a bite wouldn't be my first thought because my mosquito bites take a week to heal and my suspected bb bites toom two weeks. Bigger bites usually = longer heal time, I think.

It's possible it was hives or some similar rash, too. They can come and go in just a few hours. I get isolated, single hives on my hands due to allergies. They look awful, but vanish quick. Of course there is no way to be sure, but a single bump can't be attributed to bed bugs just by virtue of it being a red bump.

The best advice I have is to be cautious. Don't go crazy, but it's always a good habit to regularly monitor your home for bbs. Once a week during regular cleaning seems to be the general suggestion. Using passive monitors makes this pretty simple, too.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999