Bug and Stain ID please

(2 posts)
  1. NotaBBfan

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Dec 4 2018 21:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this thing at the edge of my carpet. I was thinking ant at first, but it looks way too big and pointy tailed. I’ve had a bed bug scare but two inspectors found no evidence.

I’ve also read the info on Carpet beetles here and considered that my bites may be from them. Below is an underside picture of a shed skin found on a window seal (1) and the top of the shed skin (2). Image (3) is also the top of the same bug in a different light. I’m curious why the stripes don’t show up. I Understand different lighting but it looks like an entirely different bug so not sure if BB or CB.

Last question, this was found on a futon mattress that I never sleep on. Would any other bug make these marks?

Sorry for all the questions, but I’ve been going crazy trying to identify everything and figured I’d finally asked for help. Thank you very much for any information.

2. NotaBBfan

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Dec 4 2018 21:47:59
    #

Login to Send PM

And I just realize my images didn’t show up. Let me try this again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,454 posts in 47,684 topics over 147 months by 21,014 of 21,340 members. Latest: neveragainCDMX, orangeoil143, Whatsnextmama