Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Brought bbs home from vaca????

(2 posts)
  1. Haileym

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 5:51:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I recently went to colorado springs and stayed in a bed and breakfast that was completely infested. We found out after 4 days, I had a couple bites but the 2 others staying with me didnt at that point. Then we saw a bug on the wall and identified it as a bed bug. We left immediately and went to the store and bought 91% alcohol and then to the laundromat and washed and dried our clothes and wiped and sprayed the inside of our luggage and shoes. We then cleaned out the car and sprayed with alcohol. We got to the hotel room and changed immediately and out our clothes we were wearing in bags and washed them. My partner developed a lot of bites that night but I'm almost positive he just had a delayed reaction because I was sleeping next to him at the bnb and he definitely got bit and I showed no signs at the new hotel. I have been home for one week yesterday and have found a couple bites that I'm pretty sure werent there before. They have red dots in the middle and are raised but they dont really itch. Im really hoping I didnt bring then home because I thought I took all precautionary measures to make sure that didnt happen. I guess what I'm asking is if its possible for some bites to show immediately and some bites to have a delayed reaction on the same person? Please help I am freaking out!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 14:27:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please read the “bite primer” post which explains the delay can be up to 14 days but it can also both flare up under certain conditions but also make you sensitive to other non bedbug things.

It’s best to focus on:

• live samples
    • cast skins
    • farcal traces

Skin reactions are simply too variable to be of use at this stage.

You should also watch the videos on how to avoid them in future.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111