Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner "Bites"?

(2 posts)
  1. What the heck

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 1 2012 13:17:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Over the last week or so, I've been waking up with these tiny red bumps on my torso. The last time I had bumps that resembled this was last April and they were on my calves & ankles and I remember wondering if we had fleas (we have a dog and a cat and did have a confirmed flea infestation about 5 years prior but we cleared them and have since moved twice since then, most recently in September) or had I been somewhere that had fleas. Fortunately, they did not last more than a couple weeks and I was bump free for the rest of the summer, fall, and winter...until now.

The bumps are a little itchy but nothing even remotely close to a mosquito bite kind of itchy. Also, my husband and my two kids are unaffected. I have had these types of bumps before intermittently on my torso while growing up and always just thought of it as some sort of heat rash. I don't really remember if I ever got the "breakfast, lunch and dinner" formation though.

I did a search of our bedding and mattress last year and found nothing and then after these bites, did another much more thorough search (checked every seam and crevice in the mattress, box spring (turned them both upside down to check as well), bed frame and head board, inspected all of our bedding and pillows, turned all pillow cases and duvet covers inside out and checked the corners, looked inside the registers beside the bed, checked our alarm clocks, etc) looking for signs of feces, blood streaks, casings, dead bugs, pretty much anything that could give something to go on but came up with nothing. One thing I didn't do that I suppose I could is open up the thin fabric covering the bottom of the box spring and see if they are hiding inside it but I didn't want to damage my box spring if I could help it.

Quite honestly, the only reason I really even remotely think we could have bed bugs (despite waking up with the bites) is the fact that in three instances on my body, they are showing up in very distinct groups of three...breakfast, lunch and dinner. See pics:

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r616/nutbean1/?action=view&current=photo-3.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1174.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr616%2Fnutbean1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dphoto-3.jpg

Picture #1: first B, L, D on rib cage, first appeared when I woke at 6am yesterday
    Picture #2: second B, L, D on hip, first appeared when I woke at 6am yesterday
    Picture #3: third B, L, D on shoulder, first appeared when I woke at 4:30am this morning.
    Picture #4: how the other bumps appear (more spaced out and random) first appeared in the last week.

I know that there is no way to tell for sure just from looking at the bites but [b][i]fortunately, it's all I have to go on right now. I spoke to my brother who lives 5 hours away and has had to deal with bed bugs and he's also skeptical that that's what this is from.

I've thought about calling a PCO but I'm waiting for my husband to come home from a fishing trip tomorrow to talk to him about it and see if the bites continue or go away like they did last spring. Truthfully, I'd rather not spend the money if there is no reason to.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 1 2012 13:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Given the lack of confirming signs, the thoroughness of your search and finally the locations of the bites I would say its most likely a flea. Treat animals, hot wash linen and observe.

For the reasons outlined in the link below bites are not the most accurate thing to diagnose from which is why they are considered last:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bite-primer-information-on-bites-and-reactions

Regards,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88