Boyfriend thinks I'm crazy [a: not bed bug-related]

(12 posts)
  1. Crazyladywbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 23 2016 18:51:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts but I found these near the side of the bed with the blood stains and have been getting bites for a week. Please can you tell me how bad the infestation is at this point. I know some of the items in pics are not dead castings or bodies but I think a few are. Also our sheet is littered with partial cas tings I think and feces. Many blood stains i n just 3days. I need some c o formation that these are bed bugs and that we need treatment fast so I can tell my old man who laughs about this, but I've noticed he has bites. On him.
    pic[quote]

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 23 2016 20:39:14
    #

Login to Send PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2xpB1gmIgvyclhtYXo4RUQ4cUk/view?usp=drivesdk

Paste the URL, don't try embedding it.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. Crazyladywbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 23 2016 21:29:23
    #

Login to Send PM

[img]http://IMAG0505<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img][url=http://IMAG0505<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>]flickr[/url]
    IMAG0500 by missmaryelisabeth, on Flickr]pic[/url][img]http://IMAG0513<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

4. Crazyladywbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 23 2016 21:34:26
    #

Login to Send PM

[code]IMAG0506 by missmaryelisabeth, on Flickr

5. Canuck

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 23 2016 22:23:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I do not see anything bed bug related.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  6. depressedandannoyed

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 24 2016 0:16:53
    #

Login to Send PM

These kind of do look like crushed bed bugs but, it's hard to tell. If you could find one alive to ID that would be easier. Check at night with the lights off. Pull back your sheets and check, look under the mattress, also, do they smell pungent when you crush them?

7. Crazyladywbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 24 2016 4:09:21
    #

Login to Send PM

They do have an odor like sweet cheese? If that's possible to imagine. I did find two live ones, the first one my brother in law smashed without thought,, and the second one I tried to keep after crushing it in a white piece of paper, but now all that's left are blackish stains on it, IDK what happened to the body. A couple weeks ago we had a friend stay here with us and one night I noticed his small gym bag was crawling with what I thought at first were lice or crabs until I seen the matured ones in the seams of it. At that point he took his bag down into our basement and bc my boyfriend and his brother think I'm nuts, they don't see anything wrong with bringing his clothes onto our bed or closet to borrow. I want to go stay someplace else else but fear I will bring the things with me someplace and spread the problem. I definitely know the bugs I found were just exactly like the ones I seen in his bag. And match to what a bedbug looks like. My friend says ifwegetconfirmatuon on this site that there is a problem, he will rip up carpet and replace it, but until then, I can't sleep knowing they're there. I havebites all over arms and legs maybe 5 between arms and 5 on legs. Also, we live in a split level duplex, could you describe the severeness of infestation based on what clues you find? Also, I did not bleed I slept on the couch, and next day when I found the stuff on the floor near that part of the blanket I photod, there were 7 or 8blood spots on my blanket. I've been checking mattress on sides that I can see, but haven't checked where our heads go it's to the wall. They are sensitive to light? I will use flashlight to look now it's 2am.

8. Crazyladywbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 24 2016 4:14:10
    #

Login to Send PM

[code]IMAG0515 by missmaryelisabeth, on Flickr

9. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 24 2016 5:31:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Ripping up the carpet will not solve the problem so do not allow boyfriend and friends to do ANYTHING without reading this site extensively to get a clear plan if you cannot afford a PCO.. Also taking the bag to the basement may have spread them as well. Try to catch one on a piece of sellotape and post a pic of it on this site just for an ID.
    I am no expert but the bits of insect you have posted along with a description of a sweet smell seems to indicate a bedbug problem.
    Don't panic too much as this site will help you

10. Crazyladywbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Oct 27 2016 22:11:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I have looked all around mattress tufts and now a few days later, changing sheets and pulling mattress away from the wall at the head of our bed have found found where these little bastards have been hiding and I annihilated what I could see with some bedbug flea spray foam and I'm certain our mattress is crawling with more I cannot see. To the reply that it does not look like anything bed bug related, I have placed the ones I killed on a white tissue and they look almost identical to the bits of them I found and posted so I don't know how many encounters you have had, but even the reddish smearing is found on the ones I killed and look almost identical to whole bugs so even not knowing what the pics I posted were if u have ever seen a dead bedbug the pics are quite related, or maybe your bugs were not fed and clear still. The largest one I killed you can see on a closeup that the egg is still hanging out of it and now afraid I will bring them. With me, am losing my mind and have nowhere to go. I can't sleep knowing they are waiting to come at my blood, and I had a hard time eating a subway sandwich because even the herbs in the bread looked suspicious. This is awful. Does anyone how the cost for exterminator, like the minimum cost and most terrible infestation you've seen cost, so I can get a sense of what it will take to sleep in peace or at least leave knowing I'm not bringing them with me please I am so desperate for help if it is possible.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Oct 27 2016 23:24:10
    #

Login to Send PM

The prices vary. The best thing is to call three companies in your area which you think are reputable and compare. Steam/spray/dust treatments are usually more economical and can work well if the company knows their stuff. Vikane fumigation and heat cost more; heat doesn't always get them all, and while it can work, it really depends on finding a good company.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 28 2016 4:53:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming non of the stains are bed bug related. Please see the "blood spots on sheets primer" for example images to compare with.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,333 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14