Bought a bed bug house

(6 posts)
  1. bedbuggin

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 12 2015 22:22:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, on October 29th we finally closed on our very first house...so exciting! Until October 30th, when we moved in and I took a shower, only to find a bed bug on my shower curtain. Then we looked around some more and started finding some dead bugs in corners of the rooms. I never thought to even have the house checked before we bought it, as it has been vacant since April. Well...in september when we looked at the house we were attacked by fleas. The seller immediately cotacted Orkin and they came in and did 2 treatments and the fleas were gone. I think that may be why we mostly found dead bed bugs, our PCO said the flea treatment probably slowed their reproduction.
    Anyway, of course I addressed the issue immediately and have had Orkin in to treat twice now. (Nov 3rd and Nov 10th). 2 days after the first treatment I woke up around 4 am to pee and found 2 crawling around my bathroom. Thats 3 live bugs that we have seen in total. We've only found a total of 6 dead bugs. My PCO said that she saw no activity during the 2nd treatment and we were all set to (finally!) Unpack our stuff. It seems too good to be true to me, I feel like this went too smoothly. I have always been very bed bug paranoid and I research them a lot. I guess what I'm asking is...has anyone ever heard of bedbugs being so easy to treat? Should I be concerned that she may have sucked?

2. bedbuggin

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 12 2015 22:36:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, the pco never went into the basement. The house we bought has central vaccuums and the old tenants left a full bag attached to it in the basement. We got rid of it, but the pco wont treat down there because she said they will be attracted by the poison and come upstairs. Is this true?

3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Nov 13 2015 8:34:21
    #

Login to Send PM

If no one is sleeping in the basement, it's unlikely bedbugs are down there. Keep in mind, if there are cobwebs done there, they might trap some bedbugs. Since the house sat vacant for so long, you may have encountered the last of the surviving bedbugs. They would have readily alerted to your CO2.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Nov 13 2015 9:20:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think it's true that they would be "attracted to the poison"-- but it is true they should be attracted to humans. I am not an expert so can't say whether the basement needs treatment or not.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. bedbuggin

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 14 2015 1:17:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! No one is sleeping in the basement, but there are mice in the house. Could the bedbugs be feeding on mice? I really need to kake sure they are definitely gone before my 30 day guarantee because I dont have another $2500

6. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 14 2015 8:16:29
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible for bedbugs to feed on mice.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982