#

Login to Send PM

2. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 13:04:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Also to not I woke up with a bite near my ear but it’s under my beard which is odd? My girlfriend had 2 “bites” within an hour of her being at my appt yesterday as well

3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 13:36:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like blood, what doesn‘t confirm bed bugs.

4. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 13:43:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Could this be a sign though? My neighbor has b bugs. Also are bbs know to bite where hair is? I have a bite within my beard up near my ear

5. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 14:25:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Also does the black dot resemble fecal that’s mixed in?

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 15:10:09
    #

Login to Send PM

No, that doesn't appear to be a fecal deposit.
    You've searched your bed and found no evidence at this point?

7. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 15:21:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 9 minutes ago  » 
    No, that doesn't appear to be a fecal deposit.
    You've searched your bed and found no evidence at this point?

No evidence whatsoever. Could this be blood from a bite though? I do have a “bite” type reaction on my face but it’s under my beard. Also my girlfriend had two red marks after being in my bed for around 30 minutes last night. She was awake and we were both moving around and getting up a fair bit to get snacks etc. could she have been bitten that quickly and while moving? How long does one typically have to be still?

8. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 15:57:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I also know David shows what to look for but I haven’t been able to found that post. I also am convinced in my mind it is blood and that black down in the top of it is fecal. No hard evidence though.

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 21:29:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs don't tend to shit where the eat, for lack of better terminology. If there were enough bed bugs to smash while rolling around in bed I would expect fecal deposits and cast skins in the usual spots when searching.
    Blood spots on their own have far too many causes to immediately jump right to bed bugs, I don't believe it's related.

10. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 21:32:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there a reason that you suspect bed bugs are present? Recent encounters, neighbors with an infestation, hotel stays?

11. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 21:32:17
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 minute ago  » 
    Bed bugs don't tend to shit where the eat, for lack of better terminology. If there were enough bed bugs to smash while rolling around in bed I would expect fecal deposits and cast skins in the usual spots when searching.
    Blood spots on their own have far too many causes to immediately jump right to bed bugs, I don't believe it's related.

Okay thank you. That makes sense, I’m hoping it is unrelated and that I’m searching all the right spots. I wasn’t sure if the black part in the pic might have Been fecal. But I get what you’re saying

12. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 21:33:19
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 16 seconds ago  » 
    Is there a reason that you suspect bed bugs are present? Recent encounters, neighbors with an infestation, hotel stays?

Yes I have a neighbor that is in the same building but separated by about 2 staircases and 5 walls. They have a confirmed infestation that’s why I am on edge.

13. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 21:36:21
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 3 minutes ago  » 

We do however share a parking lot/outdoor trash

14. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:23:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbug21 - 2 hours ago  » 

Yes I have a neighbor that is in the same building but separated by about 2 staircases and 5 walls. They have a confirmed infestation that’s why I am on edge.

And why specifically do you think this infestation is something that will become a problem for you?
    I'm sure we can work through this, there's no need to fear, they're just insects.
    I work at a shelter, I'm dealing with three infestations at the moment and have been working with bed bugs very closely for six years and never brought one home, unintentionally.

15. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:30:39
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 5 minutes ago  » 

Newbug21 - 2 hours ago  » 

And why specifically do you think this infestation is something that will become a problem for you?
    I'm sure we can work through this, there's no need to fear, they're just insects.
    I work at a shelter, I'm dealing with three infestations at the moment and have been working with bed bugs very closely for six years and never brought one home, unintentionally.

So for the past 10ish weeks or so I’ve been getting bites and marks (I know not great indicator). Last week I hear a neighbor has an infestation. Today I see these blood spots on my sheets and was curious what you guys thought if this indicator was enough to link the 3 or now. And I understand you have been a huge help.

16. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:31:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I was more curious if this blood was something that was common to an infestation even if it’s the only sign (and maybe the neighbor thing)

17. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:35:17
    #

Login to Send PM

When I start seeing blood spots on sheets in number it's usually a fairly well established bed bug infestation.

18. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:36:38
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 45 seconds ago  » 
    When I start seeing blood spots on sheets in number it's usually a fairly well established bed bug infestation.

So you're saying I really should be seeing other signs rather than confirming I have an infestation? that makes sense.

19. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:44:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Again sorry for the responses. my mind jumps to things before logically thinking sometimes when looking at this subject. So you're simply stating that typically if there are blood marks that I have shown there would be an established infestation in most cases and I should be seeing evidence? (If I did indeed have some infestation)

20. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:51:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, reason one, the bite marks. There are far too many possibilities to jump right to bed bugs. Remember, if it eats it poops, from bed bugs to giraffes this is true, there would be evidence.
    Reason two, the infestation at the neighbors. If you aren't visiting with the neighbor I don't see any threat, at all. Take this as a good bit of information, you know their home had/has a bed bug infestation so with that knowledge that can easily avoid exposure. I don't want to freak you out, but there's a possibility that someone you know either professionally or socially has bed bugs and you don't know it. That's the part that can lead to exposure, be thankful that you are aware of the infestation near your home.
    And reason three, the blood spots. There are way too many possibilities that would be more fitting. With the lack of physical evidence like fecal deposits and cast skins I can't find any reason to attribute this to a bed bug infestation.

What else ya got, I'll be up for a while.

21. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:53:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbug21 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Again sorry for the responses. my mind jumps to things before logically thinking sometimes when looking at this subject. So you're simply stating that typically if there are blood marks that I have shown there would be an established infestation in most cases and I should be seeing evidence? (If I did indeed have some infestation)

Yes, I would expect to see evidence.

22. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 0:58:44
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Okay, reason one, the bite marks. There are far too many possibilities to jump right to bed bugs. Remember, if it eats it poops, from bed bugs to giraffes this is true, there would be evidence.
    Reason two, the infestation at the neighbors. If you aren't visiting with the neighbor I don't see any threat, at all. Take this as a good bit of information, you know their home had/has a bed bug infestation so with that knowledge that can easily avoid exposure. I don't want to freak you out, but there's a possibility that someone you know either professionally or socially has bed bugs and you don't know it. That's the part that can lead to exposure, be thankful that you are aware of the infestation near your home.
    And reason three, the blood spots. There are way too many possibilities that would be more fitting. With the lack of physical evidence like fecal deposits and cast skins I can't find any reason to attribute this to a bed bug infestation.
    What else ya got, I'll be up for a while.

Thank you Dummy. You have honestly been a wonderful help and I appreciate you. I guess what I was trying to say is i'm not trying to just simply post pictures and you tell me if it is BB related or not and log off instantly. I genuinely like the feed back. I will continue to monitor diligently but as you have mentioned in the past and today that if I have no evidence besides bites and blood after 10+ weeks there is a chance it is something else. I have found about 10-12 furry carpet beetles in the past 2 weeks so that could explain the reactions possibly.

And the neighbor thing makes sense, i'm just fearing that I may have picked them up from the parking lot or near the trash area. ( probably sound crazy I know)

I also posted the pic because I was hoping that it would be obvious whether or not it was BB related instantly but have soon after realized that blood stains are not always able to confirm nor deny.

Thanks for the help so far and I'm hoping that if there was some sort of infestation I would have caught it by now with these type of blood stains LOL.

23. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 1:04:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't be concerned about the parking lot. Ticks are built to be hitchhikers, bed bugs are not.
    I wouldn't worry about the trash unless your dumpster diving for used and stained furniture.

24. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 1:07:20
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I wouldn't be concerned about the parking lot. Ticks are built to be hitchhikers, bed bugs are not.
    I wouldn't worry about the trash unless your dumpster diving for used and stained furniture.

okay great. thanks again. the stain freaked me out but hopefully I can stay level headed!

25. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 18:03:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the help on this post I would assume for now this is closed. Only question I have is David in another post you mentioned specific signs to look for in fecal and blood stains. Was curious how this differs from a BB stain in general?

Thanks

26. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 4:23:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe you could link the post.

A BB stain is the same as fecal. Sometimes a blood stain generally means real blood (red) which isn't a confirmation for bed Bugs, but is somtimes used for fecal, too. I think it is a little confusing, but in generally you confirm BB with fecal.

27. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 7:06:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 2 hours ago  » 
    Maybe you could link the post.
    A BB stain is the same as fecal. Sometimes a blood stain generally means real blood (red) which isn't a confirmation for bed Bugs, but is somtimes used for fecal, too. I think it is a little confusing, but in generally you confirm BB with fecal.

Okay that makes sense. I just washed my sheets. Would the stain now look a certain way if BB related?

28. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 7:07:47
    #

Login to Send PM

David any insight?

29. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 7:36:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbug21 - 27 minutes ago  » 
    David any insight?

Cross reference with the blood spots on sheets primer.

Also check out the psychology and relaxation resources on my website.

Monitor and don’t be overly concerned.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  30. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 7:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 6 minutes ago  » 

Newbug21 - 27 minutes ago  » 
    David any insight?

Cross reference with the blood spots on sheets primer.
    Also check out the psychology and relaxation resources on my website.
    Monitor and don’t be overly concerned.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thanks David. I’m honestly trying this one just really has gotten me stressed. When I cross reference I don’t see much of a difference that’s the issue I’m having. Maybe it’s just my mind saying that and my over cautious attitude but the sheets primer doesn’t show much difference to me. Am I just over thinking it?

31. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 8:39:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Now do the other two things I suggested.

David

32. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 8:41:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Monitor and don’t be too concerned? That’s easy thanks. Clearly it hasn’t been too easy so far. You and big dummy have been wonderful. I don’t know why I struggle to see the differences but I do. When I saw this on my sheets I thought it was 100% BB related that’s my issue

33. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 8:42:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn’t mean that sarcastically either! It should be easy for me I just need to relax

34. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 8:43:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is no way you could have followed that advice in step two before jumping into point three.

I do wish to sound blunt when I say when you ask for advice its best to follow it before asking for more.

David

PS don't feel the need to apologise if it delays you from actually following the advice.

35. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 8:45:47
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi,

Is this only supposed to say hi? :p

36. Newbug21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 8:53:23
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    There is no way you could have followed that advice in step two before jumping into point three.
    I do wish to sound blunt when I say when you ask for advice its best to follow it before asking for more.
    David
    PS don't feel the need to apologise if it delays you from actually following the advice.

Oh gotcha I misread so check the relaxation and psychology. Do you think it could be psychological reasons I’m seeing things as BB related that are clearly not? Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82