(10 posts)
  1. deanamma

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 22:52:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Pillow

Okay long story short, I moved into my apartment Nov 2015. Literally a day and a half later, I found a bed bug crawling on my bed. The bug people came out and treated the apartment but didn't find anything. About a month or so later, I found another one. But people came out again, and still didn't find anything. Since then (knocking on wood as we speak), we've been fine...until this morning. I saw a trail of brownish blood on my pillow and now I'm paranoid. My complex has a bad problem with bed bugs and lets just say it's not being addressed properly. Is it possible for a stray to crawl through an opening like under the front door and hides out until its dinnertime? Is what's on my pillow a blood trail? I have zippered mattress covers on both the mattress and box spring and vacuum twice a day. I have a baby so I'm super paranoid. Any help would be appreciated so I can sleep tonight.

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 23:12:37
    #

Login to Send PM

deanamma - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Pillow
    Okay long story short, I moved into my apartment Nov 2015. Literally a day and a half later, I found a bed bug crawling on my bed. The bug people came out and treated the apartment but didn't find anything. About a month or so later, I found another one. But people came out again, and still didn't find anything. Since then (knocking on wood as we speak), we've been fine...until this morning. I saw a trail of brownish blood on my pillow and now I'm paranoid. My complex has a bad problem with bed bugs and lets just say it's not being addressed properly. Is it possible for a stray to crawl through an opening like under the front door and hides out until its dinnertime? Is what's on my pillow a blood trail? I have zippered mattress covers on both the mattress and box spring and vacuum twice a day. I have a baby so I'm super paranoid. Any help would be appreciated so I can sleep tonight.

I think you've already answered your own question. Your problem is most likely a neighboring source. You're more than likely getting strays from a neighboring infestation. That would explain why your own infestation hasn't progressed rapidly. To me, your options are limited. Either management needs to address every unit with bed bug problems or you need to get out of that complex while taking the necessary steps to not take them with you. Preferably itd be the first option, but management isn't always as serious about the situation as they need to be and your only route may be to get out of there. But that's not easy without taking them with you. Research your options in regards to management and consider getting legal counsel if they are unwilling to do what is necessary. Then if all else fails, figure out a way to move to an uninfested location without taking them with you. All the treatments in the world won't solve the problem if neighbors who are infested don't get treated as well.

Just some things to think about. Do your research and talk to people, management.. neighbors... legal counsel... etc. and don't just sit back and do nothing.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. deanamma

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 23:17:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Does it look like a bed bug trail though? I can't afford to move or I would, and as far as management, good luck with that. I've called the health department before and was severely mistreated by the landlord for doing so. I just want to know if it looks like a bed bug stain or not.

4. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 0:07:00
    #

Login to Send PM

deanamma - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Does it look like a bed bug trail though? I can't afford to move or I would, and as far as management, good luck with that. I've called the health department before and was severely mistreated by the landlord for doing so. I just want to know if it looks like a bed bug stain or not.

Getting an ID from blood isn't going to happen on this forum, you need an actual bug, fecal, or shed skins.

5. deanamma

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 0:15:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I've seen a million posts on here where someone can identify if it looks more like from a bed bug or just bleeding from.your sinuses or something. That's why I made my post.

6. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 0:28:18
    #

Login to Send PM

deanamma - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I've seen a million posts on here where someone can identify if it looks more like from a bed bug or just bleeding from.your sinuses or something. That's why I made my post.

Sorry, I'm just trying to help. Note there is a difference between blood and digested blood (fecal). You may have read amatuer IDs that arent necessarily right cause from my experiences of being on here, experts on here won't give any ID based off of blood alone. It's a sign to keep looking for confirming signs like fecal, shed skins, or actual bugs but there are just too many other causes for blood to be a confirming sign. Just trying to share information that I've come across. Good luck!

7. deanamma

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 0:35:02
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 4 minutes ago  » 

deanamma - 7 minutes ago  » 

Sorry, I'm just trying to help. Note there is a difference between blood and digested blood (fecal). You may have read amatuer IDs that arent necessarily right cause from my experiences of being on here, experts on here won't give any ID based off of blood alone. It's a sign to keep looking for confirming signs like fecal, shed skins, or actual bugs but there are just too many other causes for blood to be a confirming sign. Just trying to share information that I've come across. Good luck!

Right, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I've searched the site looking for images similar to mine and haven't seen one that quite fits. I can't tell if it's blood or fecal matter. I've seen a couple people that have replied to quite a few pillow posts so hopefully they can be able to tell. Thank you for the advice!

8. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 9:26:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Since it's only a possible confirming sign, there's no way to know for sure. But I had a "blood trail" very similar to that on my husband's side of the bed 3.5 months ago that really threw me and made me think we had bed bugs again. But one dog check and tons of visual inspections later we don't seem to have anything, so I'd have to go back to it's only a maybe.

If someone is bleeding and the part of their body that's bleeding moves, it could leave a trail like that, so that could be bb bite related, or not. Sorry, just the reality.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 13:02:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's not bed bug confirming, as verified in the blood spots on sheets primer it's fresh blood which given the pattern and quantity has never been ingested by a bed bug.

Hope that helps.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  10. deanamma

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 15:58:47
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    It's not bed bug confirming, as verified in the blood spots on sheets primer it's fresh blood which given the pattern and quantity has never been ingested by a bed bug.
    Hope that helps.
    David

Thank you, David. I did look at the link with the sheets primer and trail on the second image looked similar to mine so I got paranoid.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,799 posts in 50,040 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen