newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 28 2019 20:17:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

TLDR; Are these fecal spots?

Elaborated:

Sorry I’ve been posting so much recently, but I keep finding things that could possibly be evidence of bedbugs, but I’m not competent enough to confirm these signs on my own. I’ve never had an infestation, but my work situation is fairly high risk for exposure (moving apartment to apartment, renting furniture, hotel stays, etc.), and I’ve had unexplained bites since I’ve moved into this new apartment 2 months ago. I’ve had a (clean) passive monitor installed for 12 days now, so if nothing turns up on it soon I will lower my shoulders some, but for now I’m on high alert. I also ordered bed bug blue today so once it comes in I won’t have to ask questions like this and hog this wonderful resource.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I found a red blood stain under my pillow (4th photo, washed). I saw David’s primer and ruled out BB stain since it was red. I washed my sheets and went on with my life. However today I woke up with another stain on my pillow (2nd photo) which was more of a orange-brown color. And upon further inspection saw 4 tiny spots of the same color at the head of my bed, about 4-5 inches apart trailing down to the box spring (1st and 3rd photos, only took photos of 2). It is possible the 4 spots may have existed before I washed my sheets, but the stain on my pillow was definitely new. Are these fecal stains? Or anything bed bug related? I have found several carpet beetles, and several other tiny bugs and beetles in this apartment, but never on my bed, always on the walls and ceiling.

https://imgur.com/a/xpBCaRu

I appreciate all of the help and the very quick responses whenever I have a question.

Thanks

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 29 2019 1:28:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s neither blood nor faecal. Please compare with the example images in the blood spots on sheets primer to see the differences.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982