Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Blood stains on my clothes (taking out of treated bags)

(1 post)
  1. DeterminedandTired

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Sep 21 2013 16:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

After five chemical treatments, I'm hesitantly calling my apartment clear. I'm cautiously putting clothes back in dresser and closet. Part of me doesn't want to, but it's time.

I didn't think of this effect of treatment: I'm seeing little blood smears on some of my dried clothes which is clearly from drying fed bugs. Man, this was extensive. I saw a stain on something I had in my second dresser drawer (from the top, of five). I didn't see any bugs as I was bagging those clothes and at the time thought it might be a bit of overkill; 'certainly they wouldn't be all the way up in my top drawer?'

I had four phases of this- doing what I thought was enough, then finding more.

Here's how extensive the infestation was (I've said this before, but to summarize):

Bed, dresser, fabric on walls, row of hanging sweaters/hoodies, blankets in living room and as it turns out, *my entire twelve foot closet* (runs the width of one wall).

I hesitate to call this a success story because of the previous setbacks. But if there's anything left, my guess is they've given up on trying to find me because I have my bed away from the wall and climb up interceptors. I hate to spend more money on this, but I'll probably get a heat treatment (quoted at $1200 for a 1 br apt) before I move.

Wanted to share the (what I hope is) final kick in the butt- these stains on my cleared clothes.

Hang in there, all!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993