(2 posts)
  1. losingmind

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Nov 1 2019 13:11:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Howdy all!

I've thoroughly read as much material on the FAQ and forums as I can find to see if I was able to identify this properly, but I wanted to run these pics by experts to be certain. Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed a large array of tiny little blood/rust/brownish colored blood stains all over my sheets (maybe 1mm or even less in size).

I've searched vigorously, but found no shells/carcasses. I've seen no bugs. There are quite a few black dots all over the bed sheet fabric, however I believe this may not be excrement because it sits on top of the fabric and does not readily rub into it (the fabric is cotton blend I believe, and the dots could be synthetic fibres). Neither my partner nor myself have any significant clusters of insect bites/welts. We each have a couple of larger individual welts/zits, but they do not appear to fit the visual pattern of BB bites (which from my research on here appear to often cluster).

I've heard descriptions of the sensations of BB bites as being similar to scabies. I have endured scabies previously, and am not currently experiencing any symptoms at all similar to scabies. It sounds like the lack of certain types of evidence could mean I am clear of having BBs (never had 'em before), but I still think it is useful to run these blood stains by y'all to determine if you believe more intensive treatment measures should be sought, if this is just the beginning of an infestation. You can see pics here: https://imgur.com/a/z2Lwyri

All but the first pic I used a magnifying glass to provide a more close-up photo of the stains. Any help/advice/determinations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Nov 1 2019 14:22:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me suspect bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123