Blood Stain ID needed - PLEASE HELP! [a: no bed bug evidence]

(7 posts)
  1. BugzM22

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 24 2017 14:04:37
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I've been in the hell of paranoia for the past 3 weeks. I slept at a friends house on July 1st and woke up the next day with three bite marks on my arm in the shape of a triangle and another four in a line slightly above (see pictures below).

Bites #1 by BugzM, on Flickr

Bites #2 by BugzM, on Flickr

After that I went Bed Bug Paranoia 101, worrying that if the bites are Bed Bugs, I brought them home with me from my friends. I bought white sheets so I would notice blood stains or fecal matter, I bought a ton of DE and sprinkled the powder all along the edges of my bed frame, mattress, and the seams of my bed bug protector mattress cover. In addition, since I have drawers under my mattress (as opposed to a box spring), I emptied those drawers, put the clothes in the dryer then into garbage bags so I would notice any bugs in the drawers. The issue is, my room is very small with a lot of stuff in it, so there are ample places for these things to hid (if I did bring them home).

Anyway, the reason I am posting today is because I woke up yesterday (July 23) finding these (what looks like) blood stains under where my boyfriend was sleeping.

#1 by BugzM, on Flickr

#2 by BugzM, on Flickr

#3 by BugzM, on Flickr

I placed my thumb beside so they are more easily identifiable for size. The first two spots were near where the hips-knee would be lying down and the last image was close to the pillows where the neck would be.

I have yet to see a bug or fecal stains. I am in dire need of help! My boyfriend thinks I am going crazy but the idea that I brought the buggers home and they are hiding in my room is making it really hard to do anything but worry. I have yet to put any clothes back in my room for fear of these guys getting in them and my roommates are sick of my clothes taking up shared space. Please help!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 24 2017 15:15:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Skin reactions can't be diagnosed as being from bed bugs. There are no typical bite patterns-- that's a myth.

Blood stains are not proof of bed bugs, since other hints can cause you to bleed.

If bed bugs are present, they defecate every time they feed and there will be fecal stains resent. A pro may have an easier time finding these if the problem is recent.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 24 2017 16:06:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

From the colour of the stops it does not confirm bed bugs. Please see the primer below:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-blood-spots-on-sheets-primer

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 24 2017 16:54:00
    #

Login to Send PM

There are other possibilities...
    But I think you've just given yourself a scare. You may want to look into using a passive monitor for peace of mind.

5. BugzM22

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 24 2017 21:07:40
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    From the colour of the stops it does not confirm bed bugs. Please see the primer below:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-blood-spots-on-sheets-primer
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thank you everyone for your responses! This community of people is very welcoming and soothing to my bed bug anxiety. David, I am sorry but I was confused by your message. Are you saying it does not look like a blood stain? I looked at the link you sent and by the images shown on that link I am thinking that is what you are saying. Thank you.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 25 2017 8:44:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

To be clearer, those images are not bed bugs, those images are not blood.

Best suggested solution to this one. Time out for a manicure and pedicure, the relaxation resource is what you currently need.

David

7. BugzM22

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 25 2017 16:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    To be clearer, those images are not bed bugs, those images are not blood.
    Best suggested solution to this one. Time out for a manicure and pedicure, the relaxation resource is what you currently need.
    David

Thank you David!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46