(12 posts)
  1. gabybbhater

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 2 2016 12:32:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I really need an expert's help identifying this blood stain! :S

Hello BedBuggers, this is my first post and hopefully my last because I am really freaking out.
    I woke up this morning and I found a blood stain on my sheets...
    So far it's the only one I've found but I've never seen any other like it before.

Please help! Could this be a Bed Bug stain???

Thanks so much
    http://imgur.com/a/4grYr

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 2 2016 13:15:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but it looks like blood as opposed to a fecal stain. And blood stains aren't indicative of bed bugs because they can have other causes.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. gabybbhater

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 2 2016 13:56:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for responding, glad it doesn't look like a fecal stain...
    I'm still worried tho... I have no lesions or anything that could have made me bled.

I looked up online that you might crush bed bugs after they have bitten you, therefore leaving a blood stain in your bed. That's why I'm worried.

Any chance that one of the experts in the forum could clarify my pictures?

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 2 2016 14:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Your best option is to look for fecal staining. No fecal on the piping, box frame or headboard, then most likely no bedbugs.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  5. gabybbhater

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 2 2016 17:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Will do right away!

Thanks so much for responding, I do appreciate it... I'm quite scared...

One final question, just to be certain: Does my blood stain in the pictures look Bed Bug related?

jim danca - 2 hours ago  » 
    Your best option is to look for fecal staining. No fecal on the piping, box frame or headboard, then most likely no bedbugs.

6. gabybbhater

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Apr 3 2016 12:05:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello again!

Update:
    I was up all night thoroughly inspecting my bed with a flashlight (I have a LEIRVIK from Ikea).
    Like Jim Danca suggested:
    Took the bed slats out, checked the piping, the side frames, the mattress, even the SKORVA support beam! Found no signs of fecal matter or staining (thank God).
    Vacuumed the entire thing immediately.

No blood stains this morning but I did feel some itching on my feet and my neck.

I am still a bit scared since I know of Bed Bug infestations in my building, so as preventive measures I went and bought 2 Vinyl mattress encasements from Canadian Tire, as well as "Green Earth Homecare Bed Bug & Crawling Insect Killer Dust".

My question now is, how do I apply it properly?
    I've read the DE faq page and it says "light coat" but I'm not sure what that means...
    Should I be able to see it? Should I do small piles along the baseboards and the floor?
    Should I put it alongside my bed sides where the bed meets the slats?
    I am lost here...

7. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Apr 3 2016 13:10:20
    #

Login to Send PM

DE is more of supplemental product. Don't create piles. You would also be wise in setting up a monitoring system.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 4 2016 13:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a crack and crevice treatment. Not for putting in places you will walk or sit. Winston (pseudonym of an expert here) suggests dabbing it in cracks with a used blusher brush.

9. gabybbhater

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2016 7:09:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Understood! Thank you so much for helping me out.
    I am picking up some monitoring systems from Canadian Tire today.

Yesterday I talked to my building manager about having a PCO come to inspect my studio because I woke up with a stain on my bed cover that looks very suspicious.
    Posting the pictures here so someone can help me identify them... Could this be a Bed Bug fecal stain?

(On the last picture, I added some water to it and I scratched it with my nail to see if it smudged)

https://imgur.com/a/QOTXn

SO:
    Blood stain (unconfirmed cause) + possible fecal stain (unconfirmed, unidentified) + various white itchy spots on my body = Scared Gaby calling a PCO to inspect.

I will keep updating this post...
    I truly appreciate you guys replying and helping me out. You have no idea.

10. jasontran89

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2016 7:26:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh man... I just found out I got 2 similar blood stains on my newly bought bed sheet too, like an hour ago... They are not near to each other, like 20cm apart.
    Here's the picture of 1 of them: http://imgur.com/tpyPWwZ

My mind immediately went to "FML. Not bed bugs again!" because I got bed bugs at my old place a month ago and just moved to this new place last week. I thought I did all the preventive measures... Anyway, haven't been able to find any fecal stains... Any expert could tell me if the blood stain looks like it is from bed bugs?

And sorry to "hijack" your post Gaby! Wanted to create a new topic but saw your post... Hope it is okay!

Regards,
    Jason

11. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2016 9:34:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Stop acting like a crazy person! Put the chemicals down and stop reading online.

Live a normal life and keep a watchful eye on your sleeping and resting areas. And by that I mean - do a basic inspection for bugs between sheet changes. As a lay person (you) I'll bank that you're not going to find fecal or even know what our looking for with such an early case. That is if it's a case which I doubt it is.

Every client I talk to about "blood stains" winds up not having bed bugs. Blood shows up all the time on bedding and 95% of people will say they have not cuts.

Forget the encasements ( what you bought is junk) and just be mindful for a few weeks.

Good luck!! Don't freak yourself out over nothing!

12. gabybbhater

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2016 21:42:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks KillerQueen for responding.
    I appreciate your input and I find it reassuring and comforting. Trust me.
    But please don't call me crazy

You have to understand that I have never in my life had to deal with/be afraid of anything like Bed Bugs before. And Montreal is full of them!
    I know of other units in my building that have had them and how they can go from one unit to the next, so it's normal that I worry.
    You are right, I might be freaking myself out a bit here but it is better to be safe than sorry.
    I am glad I was able to find this site with great people like yourself who will respond to my silly questions, giving me advice and a piece of mind.

KillerQueen - 11 hours ago  » 
    Put the chemicals down.
    Forget the encasements ( what you bought is junk) and just be mindful for a few weeks.

Unfortunately I already put the 2 vinyl encasements on my mattress and placed the monitors and some DE around my apartment (The PCO won't come to see me in like 2 weeks).
    Do vinyl encasements not work? Should I buy another material or just put nothing at all?

Also, just to confirm... Does that stain look like fecal matter? Just so I know if I should show it to the PCO or not... https://imgur.com/a/QOTXn

Again, thanks so much for responding. It's awesome to know that I'm not alone.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,845 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas