(11 posts)
  1. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 18:40:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

Two weeks ago I discovered these blood stains on my blanket: https://unsee.cc/58747f54/

I also had a little red stain on my shirt There is some solid fragment in one stain. I have no bite marks and could not find anything after a inspection of my bed. Just three black dots behind a picture frame above the bed. They dissolved brownish when I rubbed them with a wet tissue.

I changed my sheets to white and could not find any more blood stains in the last two weeks and no other signs, except one book lice near my bed.

Right now, I am thinking about letting a sniffing dog check my apartment...

What do you think about the blood stain?

Thank you very much in advance!

Have a great day!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 18:55:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Beyond confirming it’s red blood there is not a lot we can add as red blood never confirms bedbugs.

The darker spots might be more indicative if you can post images.

As for using K9 scent detection I would strongly advise you read the FAQ on the subject and only engage with a K9 team that is ethical enough to confirm alerts visually.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 19:34:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your prompt answer!

Unfortunately I did not make any pictures of the spots since I have to admit I was a little bit panicky.

I already talked to the sniffing dog company and they seem professional (and I also had a look at the FAQ).

At the same time I am worried that the dog could bring in eggs/bugs from a former inspection...

Regarding the stains: would you have an inspection or rather not and wait? I mean actaully nothing happened after two weeks...

But then as well I would have to like some peace of mind...

4. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 9:33:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I did not bring in a K9 unit, yet. I am still worried that the dog could bring in eggs/bugs from a former inspection. How do you estimate such a risk?

Also, there has been no signs (spots or blood on the white sheets, bite marks etc.) since nearly four weeks now. I could not find anything on my matress or the frame of my bed after an inspection.

What would your suggestion be?

Thanks for your help!

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 13:07:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

On the basis that you can get a good K9 team that visually confirm any and all alerts there will be no risk of egg transfer, 1 because that is a fear rather than a reality and 2 by working ethically they will address those risks in the way that they work.

I personally would recommend you go for a more cost effective solution and monitor to see if you get anything that confirms bedbugs because so far you don't have any confirming signs.

It can be difficult when your inner voice is shouting and making all kinds of horrific scenarios up but they are just that, made up. You need to focus on the fact that there are non of the confirming signs and if you feel you have been thorough with your inspection then take confidence in that.

I often have to explain to people that if they were a doctor and I walk in and declare myself to have a non medically diagnosed brain tumor how fast would they expect to have me into surgery? Its a "snap" technique to make people realise that things need to be taken one step at a time to ensure that it is done correctly.

The useful tools and static content will make it clear what my personal recommendations would be and I would recommend you put any cost savings that affords you towards a relaxing aromatherapy massage to re-balance the stress.

David

6. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 6:08:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David!

Thank you for your kind and helpful words!

I also thought of using some kind of monitoring instead. Thanks for the tip!

Talking about stress: I discovered three small stains under my mattress cover (on the side where I mostly sleep): https://unsee.cc/a63a7556/

Do they look suspicious to you?

Thanky you very much for your help!

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 6:13:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No they are not bedbug related.

My only suspicion is that you have not actually looked at the example images because the new images are not even remotely like them.

David

8. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 7:43:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I did! But there are also a lot of pictures out there that are confusing...

Thank you very much again!

9. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Feb 21 2019 5:43:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, to bring this topic up to the top again.

But I found two spots (about 1 mm in diameter) on the wall behind a picture near my bed (I do not know if the spots are new or were there longer before) that look similar to the three I found when starting this topic: https://unsee.cc/988df6b6/

I just wanted to get your opinion on them.

I also have some carpet beetles (larvae) from time to time in my bedroom. Perhaps they are responsible for this?

Thank you very much!

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Feb 21 2019 6:58:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No worries, it keeps the case notes together which is much easier than jumping around between threads and leaving a digital “pavement pizza”.

These spots are fly poo and not bedbug. If you look in my FlickR galleries or the galleries of my homesite you can see some examples to compare against.

Hope that helps.

David

11. Concernedquestion

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Feb 21 2019 10:36:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88