Blood Spots on sheets? 2 weeks after treatment

(6 posts)
  1. ParanoidThatIHaveBugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 14 2014 18:05:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, new to this forum.
    I have gone through two treatments with a professional bed bug extermination service. The last one being two weeks ago. During both treatments they did not find any bed bugs or evidence such as fecal. I woke up this morning to find blood marks. I have tried using the pictures from blood spots on primer pictures and couldn't figure it out. Can you please identify if the blood spots are bed bug related or just from me? Thank you

2. ParanoidThatIHaveBugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 14 2014 18:07:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think the picture went through let me try again. Blood spots on sheets

3. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 14 2014 18:17:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Ok, first off, it has been stated before by the pros on this site that blood spots aren't confirming of bed bugs....so, that's good news.

I am curious about you saying that during both treatments the PCO didn't find bed bugs or fecal evidence. I am wondering if you have ever found any evidence of bed bugs, what the evidence was, and why exactly the PCO is treating?

Just trying to get a clear picture of exactly what is going on in your particular situation. At any rate, no, the blood spots alone are not confirming of bed bugs.

BTW, I need to let you know that I am not a pro, but hopefully one will be along to help.

4. ParanoidThatIHaveBugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 14 2014 18:39:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Butterfly1972 for the reply. After finding several blood stains in my sheets, my building brought in a K9. The K9 detected bed bugs in one area on my mattress. There was no findings of bed bugs just the alert from the dog. From then I had a company come in and treat my place. Again not a single bed bug or black fecal was found. I have not found any bites on myself although everyone reacts differently. But it does not explain the blood spots on my sheets. I know blood is not confirmation I guess I just need answers for peace of mind.

5. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 14 2014 18:54:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm, so it is concerning that a K9 alerted, but no visual evidence was found. I think you will find this link helpful.

http://bedbugger.com/2010/03/10/bed-bug-sniffing-dogs-what-you-need-to-know/

Basically, if a K9 alerts, the PCO should also be able to produce visual evidence for you as well.

Blood spots on sheets aren't uncommon. I've had unexplained blood spots on my sheets....and no bed bugs present. Couldn't figure out where they came from, no marks on myself that I could see, but they were on my sheets nonetheless. Still a mystery......and still no bed bugs.....months later.

Again, just my thoughts. A pro will be able to help more.

EDITED: Edited to include the correct link. I'm so sorry.....I selected the wrong tab with the first link.

6. ParanoidThatIHaveBugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 16 2014 9:33:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again for the response. I woke up today with two more blood marks on my pillow and no marks or bites that I can see. Again I know blood marks are not confirmation but maybe someone can tell me if the picture matches anything bed bug related. Just for peace of mind. Here is the link for the new blood stains in addition to the other blood that was found on my sheets two days ago. Link for blood that was found on my pillow case this morning .

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982