Blood or Fecal ID needed

(3 posts)
  1. FoundASpot

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 28 2016 0:16:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    This is my first experience with bedbugs...and my first post.

On 3-4 days this past week, I found sets of itchy welts on my calves and one spot on my waist, and I'm now highly suspicious they're from bedbugs. (My husband shows no signs.)

I checked the sheets, bedding, and mattress, and I found no bugs, stains, or cast skins. We have a platform bed (no drawers) and a memory foam mattress (which is covered in fabric), and no box spring. I've ordered the ClimbUp Interceptor, which arrives tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've been checking the sheets and found this spot under my husband's pillow. It feels a little crusty, like there's a little something stuck to the sheet. The color looks a bit reddish.

I'm sorry this is such a terrible photo, but I couldn't get a better image. Is this identifiable as a BB fecal spot or a blood spot?

http://imgur.com/T8FvKr0

Any other tips for how to tell them apart?

Thank you so much.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 28 2016 8:27:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Fresh poop will smear. Doesn't look bedbug related. Be sure to check the underside of the platform bed. Bedbugs love wood.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. FoundASpot

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 28 2016 13:27:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Will do, thank you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,333 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14