Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Black Spot on Wall - Fecal ID?

(4 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 11:26:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this black spot on my wall today. When I touched it it smeared, but didn't feel particularly liquid like. I was able to wipe most off with a wet paper towel, and a little elbow grease and scraping with my finger nail got the rest off it. It was behind a chair in the living room. No other signs of anything. Never found BBs in my living room when we had BBs. Hoping this is just my kids or dog dragging dirt around.

Should I be concerned?

Thank you.

2. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 11:30:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I forgot the pic. Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/lBJQK I realize it's pretty blurry. But any advice is helpful.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 13:09:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me think bed bugs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 15:20:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Big Dummy. I really think it is dirt or charred wood from the fireplace that a kid or dog or cat tracked over there. But, then I started searching for fecal on walls on this forum, and my imagination got the best of me. I think I need to learn to stop searching for problems. I hope to soon be at a point where I can come back and offer moral support and encouragement, as others did for me. But I still do suffer from BB PTSD, and sometimes just reading posts gets my imagination and paranoia in overdrive. Thanks again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,610 posts in 44,798 topics over 137 months by 19,660 of 20,361 members. Latest: freakednurse, Cottagebugs, victor