(3 posts)
  1. bugparanoia23

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Mar 11 2014 5:31:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello

My apartment was treated for BBs about 6 weeks ago, and then again 2 weeks ago. I saw a few dead ones a few after the treatment, but no bites or anything since then. However, I keep finding these black flakes everywhere. I have seen bed bug feces on the electrical socket, and this looks different as it is completely loose. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

(I know there have been a few similar posts, but I can't find one with pictures )

http://imgur.com/PnJoYiK

I am nervous that the treatment didn't work. I can't afford another one!

Thanks for the help

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Mar 11 2014 9:08:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry but the image is not clear enough to give an accurate ID but I can tell you what its not:

• Its not bedbug related
    • Its not what has previously been described as "pepper flecks"

It appears to be synthetic which I can deduce from the fact that there is not "black" and as such the colour is represented by layers of others colours, most commonly brown and dark blue. It this case it would appear to be a "blue black" which is not a naturally occurring thing in nature which tends to be purple blacks such as "black" tulips.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

3. bugparanoia23

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Mar 19 2014 4:17:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear David,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. I was relieved to hear it wasn't "pepper flakes". After your message I realized that the flakes consisted of synthetic material which was flaking off of an old pair of headphones.

best wishes,

bugparanoia23

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams