Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites,new infestation,some please help,sadness

(4 posts)
  1. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2012 12:22:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I truly hope some one can give me sound advice.
    I find it difficult just posting this there is great sadness within me.

I had 6 treatment's over from July thru September. My place was spray with phantom,suspend sc,exciter,outlet cover's dusted(this was all done by Pest management Company)
    I have vacuumed cleaned endlessly, washed and dried everthing.
    I prayed for the 60 days to pass with out incident. Which for the most part it did.
    Now the past 3 or maybe 4 weeks strange "bites" are occurring both on me and my wife. They have been singular bites BUT they have occurred near or on a vein line.
    We have in inspected are encasement's and the mattress was "clean" the box spring encasement was just disgusting to look at blood/rust stained one side while the other side seemed to be blotchy ( kinda like brown this I believe was just from the pco spray of the bed frame).
    I have inspected every where but have not found a live bed bug.
    Checked everything found nothing as of yet.
    Why are these bites occurring? This morning woke up with a singular raised welt about the size of a dime now its very small
    During and ongoing we are also suffering from a cigar/drugstore beetle infestation.
    I am sorry I can not post pictures to show bites
    Does anyone have any ideas what can be causing these bites are they flare ups of old bites are they something I haven't considered?
    Last week my wife received 2 bites on her breast (cover area) which disappeared with a day also a bite on her foot which again disappeared in 2 days as for me the bites take about 10 days to disappear. I sorry for rambling I just don't know anymore. I suppose ever and anything that itches and is red with a redder center I believe to be a bite. Please any advice would be help ful. I feel lost and in the dark powerless when it comes to these bed bugs. Again sorry if this reads fragmented. Oh god help me
    Other then the bites on my arms and left thumb all other bites occurred in covered areas. So much sadness. Sorry

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2012 12:34:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Although skin reactions may be the most noted symptoms they are in fact diagnosticallyt he least accurate and there are many cases of misdiagnosis based on skin reactions alone.

Start of with the FAQ's and bite pimer (http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-bite-primer-my-5000th-post) and then look at the useful tools section.

Once you have familiarised yourself with what to look for conduct a search of the area looking for the classic signs of bedbugs, namely:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

The images below will help:

Slide3

Slide5

If you cant find any of these then its a strong indication that you issue is not caused by bedbugs and the longer your skin reactions go on without finding these confirming signs the less likely it is that you have a bedbug issue.

If you can also rule out bags and birds roosting in the property then you can pretty much rule out the cimex species and need to start looking at other possibilities.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2012 15:04:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi
    Thank you. May I ask a further questions
    how do I check my encasement for such stains? I looked but did not see anything like the pictures. I did also check my furniture and found no such evidence.
    As I wrote before the box spring encasements are just disgusting to look at, should I see if we can afford to double encase them? ( my wife and I checked for tears and holes but found none)
    Also, any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
    This bats and birds can be ruled out.
    What other possibilities would you recommend?(Bugs?)
    Again found no live bed bugs or fecal stains or casts(not yet)
    My wife and I check every night for such evidence.

Just really first need to protect my son( he is the most important to protect from these beasts)
    Then protect my wife then myself.

Just very sad with the Christmas coming up and I see every happy and joyous and myself, sad, alone and unable to carry on. Sorry it's so difficult when you do your best and it just not enough. Sorry

Again thank you for your response and any further tips please let me know about.

Bayonnebedbug( real name Robert )

4. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 14 2012 17:17:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel for you & you sound a lovely family & no-one deserves this

It is a roller coaster of emotions , but the down is down & that is normal in itself as we are only human beings , even a cat or dog gets irritated by fleas & it can make them miserable too , so moreso humans who have to contend with trying everything to get rid of them yet feeling so helpless in the process

Have you contacted the PCO company?

It is good you remained calm for the first few months ........... I didn't! lol ..... But I COULDN'T so nothing I could do or can still do but carry on carrying on

I wish your family a lovely Christmas somehow still as you deserve it & not to have it ruined by these tiny ruddy monsters! x

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316