Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites that turn into a "mole"

(8 posts)
  1. bbanxiety22

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Dec 14 2014 20:32:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you ever had a bb bite that was painful and turned into a mole? Not a scab, but more mole-like?

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 15 2014 6:52:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Like this?

http://instagram.com/p/wn2wUPOJWF/

Thought it was my imagination, then just a little while ago, found a bb shell. The dark area denotes where I thought I had a few bites.

Btw, I had earlier this summer told my sister that I had a lot if weird new miles. I looked up and saw it's an inflammatory response.

Out of curiosity--are you seeing bruising too? I don't think the bruises are bites but constitute that the body's inflammatory response has been amped up. What I read online said there's lots of things that can cause this, including fungal infections, autoimmune disease, and insect bites.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 15 2014 6:53:11
    #

Login to Send PM

(Moles, not miles)

4. Ian88

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Dec 28 2014 7:02:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had these for a while now... I have recently had, potentially still have in my opinion, a fungal infection, which is when all my "bed bug" business started. If this is potentially a reaction to a fungal infection though then it half puts my mind at ease... half doesn't haha.

5. SMSTINY

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jan 4 2015 20:06:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a newbie here and came across this post and thought Thank God, I am not the only one getting this strange nnhnh n mm jmjjnm jhorrible reaction to my bites. I cant believe how many more "freckles" I have on my body - directly related to bed bug bites.. Its got me really scared, I mean what causes this reaction? It is disgusting and I;ve got them on my neck and face. AND they do not seem to go away. So are we stuck with these "battle scars" or what has anyone seen a dermatologist regarding this weird mole effect? please I am dying to know if this is dangerous or simply disfiguring?

6. LadyLosingIt14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jan 4 2015 21:31:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the same reaction! I thought it was just new freckles or I was just starting to notice them because I'm paranoid about getting bit! I just started getting small bruises that look like I was poked with a blue ink pen. I seem to be the only person in my house that I'd reacting to bites or the only one getting bit. I'm not positive.

7. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2015 16:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry but thought I'd revive this thread as it really resonates with me (again). Got a welt this morning. No idea where or how. This morning it was merely raised skin--like a hive (flesh colored). Itched intensly for a few minutes until I put hydrocortisone on it.

Hours later it has turned into two single red spots, not raised at all. This reaction is almost identical to another from months ago that I recieved on my sofa. Those spots turned into moles.

I'm not really sure WHAT to think, but I had just gotten off a public bus (15 minute ride). It's worth noting that I was at work earlier as well, where there had been known bed bugs seen October-December...and last Friday, during my only 12 hour shift, my leg started "burning", and the next day felt a welt on my leg.

The welt appeared between my hairline and top of my turtleneck, so I'm guessing it happened while I was wearing it...(which might mean it didn't happen at home, If in fact it's a bb bite).

I've not seen any bb anywhere, but this doesn't feel flea-bite-like.

I'm wondering if others here have had welts turn into wide brown spots, so I don't feel quite so alone. Thank you.
    new red welts next to old welts that turned brown.

8. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 13 2016 0:43:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Mine are turning into very dark tiny mole/freckles. I am glad others have experienced this because I grew up being told by my parents that developing new moles as an adult was a sign of cancer... I haven't really been thinking about that because I feel like I need to handle the bugs first (then possible health/fatal-condition second), but I'm glad that I don't have to wonder if I have skin cancer to tackle after the bugs.

Maybe people will see the freckles and think that I've been out in the sun (instead of spraying isopropyl alcohol on bugs and drying/re-drying clothes).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,690 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur