Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bites only on my legs.. Don't itch. Please help!

(6 posts)
  1. lookingforananswer123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 11:54:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

Sunday, about halfway through the day, I noticed a few small red bumps (seen in the first photo). Didn't think too much of it because they didn't really itch or anything, they're not painful.

Monday morning I noticed a few more on my other leg, same story though. No itching! I started googling and became paranoid they could be bedbugs. Went home, stripped all my bedding and did a load of wash. Checked my mattress and box spring, didn't see anything! Breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Tuesday/Yesterday morning, I didn't spot anything new.. but, while I was walking home from work yesterday, I noticed a lot more red bumps on my other leg. Again, not itchy/painful.

Are these bed bug bites? Any help would be super appreciated.. I read about carpet beetles, that they don't bite but leave a rash.

These are only on my legs/a very few scattered on my thigh. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

http://imgur.com/a/bOYbq
    http://imgur.com/a/Bds0s

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 12:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

You can't diagnose with images of bites. From the location I would think mosquitoes or fleas before bed bugs, much more common.

3. Conwny

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 12:26:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I get red bumps like those all the time after I shave in the summer. I usually contribute it to finicky skin and heat and irritation. You really shouldn't worry unless you see actual bugs or other signs like fecal markings or cast skins. Is there a reason you are fearing bed bugs? (Recent travel, used furniture, being somewhere infested?)

4. lookingforananswer123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 12:31:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Conwny - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I get red bumps like those all the time after I shave in the summer. I usually contribute it to finicky skin and heat and irritation. You really shouldn't worry unless you see actual bugs or other signs like fecal markings or cast skins. Is there a reason you are fearing bed bugs? (Recent travel, used furniture, being somewhere infested?)

I was curious if that was it.. I used a new razor and used conditioner as shaving cream to shave the other day. I'm just paranoid, I guess! Thank you!

5. lookingforananswer123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 12:37:31
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 23 minutes ago  » 
    You can't diagnose with images of bites. From the location I would think mosquitoes or fleas before bed bugs, much more common.

It's just weird that they aren't itchy at all but there's quite a few of them.

6. Conwny

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 14:43:59
    #

Login to Send PM

lookingforananswer123 - 2 hours ago  » 

Conwny - 3 minutes ago  » 

I was curious if that was it.. I used a new razor and used conditioner as shaving cream to shave the other day. I'm just paranoid, I guess! Thank you!

I get what you mean and your username is apropos. I want answers too. Black and white answers, but I'm finding with bed bugs there really is no solid answer. You either have signs or you don't. In your case, if there is not one other sign indicating bed bugs, I wouldn't worry in the least.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982