Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites on wrist, are they bed bugs??

(8 posts)
  1. bugsinboston

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 16:27:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Help! I woke up a couple days ago (Monday, I think) with a single bite (I think? looks like a small mosquito bite) on my wrist. I didn't think much of it and figured there was a mosquito stowaway in my room. The next day while itching, another one popped up underneath it, but I still wasn't all that worried. That evening, I did in fact kill a mosquito in my bedroom. Today I woke up with three more, two right around my wrist and one further down my forearm. I have absolutely nothing else on the rest of my body and have done some preliminary inspections on my as of yet still-pristine white sheets, mattress, etc. and have found nothing. I find it odd that the bites seem to have occurred different nights and are still all centered on that very specific part of my body (my right wrist). My mom pointed out that perhaps it was a mosquito that could only get at my wrist...? I hope to God it's not bed bugs but I want to know if it is so I can have it taken care of ASAP. Could it be a weird allergy or hives that I'm spreading by itching? There doesn't seem to be a red prick/bite mark in the center of any of them...

2. nycyn

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 16:34:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know because the ad for an alcohol and drug detox center, which is just below your post at the moment, is distracting me. I'm not sure whether to laugh about that, or not.

3. bugsinboston

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 16:36:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I could certainly use a cocktail at this point...

4. nycyn

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 16:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

bugsinboston - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I could certainly use a cocktail at this point...

You deserve one. Go for it.

5. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 22:46:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I had several incidents of what I think were bites on my wrists as well, but since I still don't know for sure whether or not I have bedbugs, either, that info probably doesn't help.

6. bugsinboston

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 22 2010 15:13:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I have no new bites this morning and scoured my entire mattress/bed/sheets for any signs and there was nothing of note (a few small widely scattered smudges, but that could also just be my mascara after a lazy night not washing my face). My roommate, who's studying for her Masters in nursing, says she suspects they're mosquito bites because they're all so defined and relatively separate. My fear was that I'd be unable to sleep (out of anxiety more than anything else), but I slept like a baby. I'll keep checking, but at least I know now that if there are bugs around, it's in the early stages and I'll keep an eye on them so we can strike at the earliest moment possible.

7. bugsinboston

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 22 2010 15:14:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, I don't have a boxspring, which I'm hoping helps at least a little. And I'm thinking about getting a protective encasement for my mattress anyway, just in case.

8. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 22 2010 15:43:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you been digging up some of that old Yankee money that you New Englanders have buried in the backyard?
    I heard that there is a type of biting mite that feeds of the ink of old buried paper bills.
    Sorry I could not resist.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,194 posts in 50,136 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69