Bites on chest and hands, one on face, but no signs

(4 posts)
  1. cactusjack

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 0:42:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I’m a college student living in a dormitory. Yesterday morning I woke up and noticed 3 bites on my chest and one by my eye/nose which don’t look like the normal mosquito bites I get all the time living in Texas. A day or two before yesterday, I noticed two bites on the palm of my hand and one on two of my fingers. I sent pictures to my mom who’s a nurse, and she immediately said BEDBUGS. Very alarmed, I took my mattress down from my loft bed and examined it thoroughly, nothing. The mattress is typical dorm style, vinyl, completely smooth, so I found it hard to believe there could be bedbugs in or on it. I didn’t find anything after tearing my room apart for a couple of hours or so. However, while on the phone with my mom, I recalled sleeping at someone’s house Saturday night on their couch. This was around the time I noticed the bites on my hands. With my mom on the phone, I remembered what shirt I wore when I slept over there that night and lucky for me, it was a white golf polo. I grabbed the shirt out of my hamper and began looking for anything on it. Sure enough, I found what looked like little blood drop stains where the back of my neck would be. I immediately washed all my sheets and clothes and looked around my dorm like a mad man trying to find any signs of them. My concern is I’m not sure if I got the bites over there or here, and it’s been giving me a good deal of paranoia. Anyone have some insight as to what’s going on? Could they be in the walls or ceiling or floorboards? I haven’t found any blood spots on my sheets since I first noticed the bites, although there are a few mosquitoes in our room most of the time, these bites just don’t look the part. Any clearance would be great. Thanks

2. cactusjack

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 0:44:20
    #

Login to Send PM

cactusjack - 24 seconds ago  » 
    Hello, I’m a college student living in a dormitory. Yesterday morning I woke up and noticed 3 bites on my chest and one by my eye/nose which don’t look like the normal mosquito bites I get all the time living in Texas. A day or two before yesterday, I noticed two bites on the palm of my hand and one on two of my fingers. I sent pictures to my mom who’s a nurse, and she immediately said BEDBUGS. Very alarmed, I took my mattress down from my loft bed and examined it thoroughly, nothing. The mattress is typical dorm style, vinyl, completely smooth, so I found it hard to believe there could be bedbugs in or on it. I didn’t find anything after tearing my room apart for a couple of hours or so. However, while on the phone with my mom, I recalled sleeping at someone’s house Saturday night on their couch. This was around the time I noticed the bites on my hands. With my mom on the phone, I remembered what shirt I wore when I slept over there that night and lucky for me, it was a white golf polo. I grabbed the shirt out of my hamper and began looking for anything on it. Sure enough, I found what looked like little blood drop stains where the back of my neck would be. I immediately washed all my sheets and clothes and looked around my dorm like a mad man trying to find any signs of them. My concern is I’m not sure if I got the bites over there or here, and it’s been giving me a good deal of paranoia. Anyone have some insight as to what’s going on? Could they be in the walls or ceiling ir floorboards? I haven’t found any blood spots on my sheets since I first noticed the bites, although there are a few mosquitoes in our room most of the time, these bites just don’t look the part. Any clearance would be great. Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/8akVqg8

3. cactusjack

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 1:07:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in a dormitory and started noticing red circular bites on my chest, hands, and one on the face. Sent pictures to my mom, who’s a nurse and she immediately thought bedbugs. I tore my room to shreds, cut open my mattress, which is vinyl, so it seemed unlikely, washed all bedding and clothing, nothing. No fecal matter, no stains on my sheets. Yesterday I was on the phone with my mom and she asked if I had stayed anywhere recently and I remembered I stayed at another house on a couch Saturday. So I went and grabbed the shirt I wore that night out of my dirty laundry before I washed it and sure enough there was a couple of blood drop stains right behind my neck. My mom thinks I got bit while over there, but I’m not sure. This has been driving me nuts, I can’t sleep and I when I don’t sleep I’m looking up everything to know on bedbugs. It is worth mentioning that there are mosquitos everywhere, and I do get bit often but not on my chest and hands and face. Mostly on my legs. And they don’t look like these bites. If anyone could offer some insight, I would be grateful. Thanks. http://imgur.com/xkmt2VN
    http://imgur.com/JIqIIxC

4. cactusjack

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 1:59:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, today I noticed this in my suite bathroom shared with my roommate and two kids across from us.
    http://imgur.com/GmLFnHJ
    http://imgur.com/ylxJ0nJ

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg