Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites on back? ID

(7 posts)
  1. Nzmightsg

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 27 2016 21:12:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I must not be writing on the forums correctly since I am not getting responses? But I found a couple (9-10) welts on my back starting yesterday. Some in linear patterns, some in curvilinear patterns. They start out as small bumps (kind of like pimples), sort of itch, and then turn into welts that hurt to the touch and don't really itch. I cannot take a picture of my back, but they look like bed bug bites that I've seen photographs of.

These usually develop throughout the day, and are confined only to my back. I've tried to search for blood stains but haven't found any. Should I be worried? Is this caused by stress on my part? Please help, I am getting severe anxiety over this...

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 27 2016 21:33:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Every professional I've seen respond to these questions has always said the same thing: you cannot diagnose bed bugs based on bites because everyone reacts differently (and some don't react at all.)

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. Nzmightsg

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 27 2016 21:36:11
    #

Login to Send PM

@misery

I am aware, for I've searched the entire forum... But thank you for replying nonetheless

I know that it's really difficult to ID bed bugs via bites, but I feel as if I'm just going through excruciating mental insanity because of these welts and I just needed to ask for some help, since nobody I know personally was of any help.

What I don't understand is, if my feet and hands are exposed, why are they going through the trouble of biting my back (if they really are)?

4. Bugginout90

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 27 2016 22:18:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you searched your bed and surroundings of your bed thoroughly? Bites are not definitive. Search for evidence? Strip your bed and search. There are things to look for in the FAQ section. It's maddening I know. But you can't go on bites alone because who knows if they are from bed bugs or if they are even bites?

5. Nzmightsg

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 27 2016 23:31:30
    #

Login to Send PM

@Bugginout90 thx for the reply

The reason I ask with "bites" is that I havent found any other evidence, however, I did find a black hard substance (size smaller than a sesame seed) on my beed, but it's loose like a seed and didn't stain when I picked it up. Is this possible for a fecal stain evidence?

6. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 27 2016 23:36:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know about the black thing. Idk too much about bites either, only one person in my family reacts, but I do know when I get bit "in" my clothes I almost always find a spider if I deep clean my room. They love me a LOT.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Feb 28 2016 2:14:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Nzmightsg - 2 hours ago  » 
    I did find a black hard substance (size smaller than a sesame seed) on my beed, but it's loose like a seed and didn't stain when I picked it up. Is this possible for a fecal stain evidence?

That does not sound like bed bug feces.

I know that it's really difficult to ID bed bugs via bites, but I feel as if I'm just going through excruciating mental insanity because of these welts and I just needed to ask for some help, since nobody I know personally was of any help.

Unfortunately, it's not just difficult, it's really impossible to ID bed bugs from a skin reaction.

If bed bugs are biting, they will bite at least once a week each (maybe more) and each time they feed, they will defecate. So if the problem has been going on a while, you should start to have evidence that you or a pro could find.

Note that experts tell us they will tend to bite exposed skin rather than climb under clothing. So if your back was covered that is odd.

Bed bug bites are typically delayed reactions. It may take hours, days or even a week or more to react (if one does). So if they were bed bug bites, it does not mean they happened at home.

Bed bug monitors may help you find evidence if bed bugs are present.

I'd see a doctor which can rule out some other causes.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714