Bites on arms but no other evidence of bugs

(4 posts)
  1. CaseyAtTheBatty

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 1 2018 14:28:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting bitten by something about every other night (although it started about a month and a half ago with maybe one bite then escalated). Only on my arms. From what I read I must have a infestation that is large enough to find. But where? I have a foam mattress. Where should I look? Have checked the mattress pad and nothing. Zero evidence. Does a bite every night or every other night mean that I have a lot of bugs hiding somewhere?

2. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 1 2018 21:41:44
    #

Login to Send PM

use a white sheet on your bed. If it's bed bugs there will be blood spots and/or black spots (feces) on the white sheets. If you experience bites a few times and see nothing on your sheet, it's probably something else entirely.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 2 2018 7:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Not the greatest idea for ruling out bed bugs.

4. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri May 4 2018 11:39:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Personally for about two weeks I was getting bit occasionally. I just straight away called a PCO who confirmed a mild infestation behind a baseboard. I searched high and low for two days until he got there and automatically knew where they were. I searched behind frames, my matress, box spring, dressers, closet, and everywhere else each bed bug site mentioned and never found a thing. It could have been nothing, but I'm a paranoid person and had to be certain.
    Bites can't confirm an infestation, but a professional definitely can.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,916 posts in 48,923 topics over 151 months by 21,472 of 21,878 members. Latest: NW516, Charly_051, EduardoR