Bites, no evidence

(8 posts)
  1. Imgonnaloseit

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 20:29:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It all started when I woke up at 5am with my 11 month old son and I had intense itching on my stomach and arms and I looks and saw two bite on my arms and two on my stomach about an inch and a half apart, I freaked out checked my bed found nothing and called my apartment management and they said they would send someone out on Thursday. I wake up on Tuesday and have a bite on my lower back below my pants line and a almost microscopic one on my thumb so I checked my pillow and see the smaller of what looks like a dark red spec and maybe blood smear. at this point the bites in my arms are almost gone. I wake up Wednesday and have a very small bite on my arm. Thursday morning comes (today) and I have no bites and the exterminator comes and check my bed and my two sons and finds nothing. No evidence of anything. Which I kind of suspected because everyday I have checked at least 8 times a day and had the same results. I don’t know what to do I haven’t eaten in 3 days I can’t sleep I’ve lost 8 pounds I hate this fear. The only other possible things I can possibly think of is I let a stray kitten in to find it s home for about 7 hours and he did hide under my bed for about 5 minutes but that was almost a month ago that’s it. Along with some carpet beetle casings around the house. Please help I’m losing it and have already just spent 150 on mattress encasements.

The spec and smear

My stomach

My lower back

2. Mf1616

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 22:14:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Get some passive monitors. If you do have bed bugs the passive’s will show signs within a few days.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  3. Pattycake

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 22:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there a lodgical reason you would immediately think BB? Again i agree passive monitors. Take a deep breath and wait for some real evidence. Bugs alive or dead. Casings or fecal. Good luck. I hope your fears are just that. Hang tight and dont speculate.

4. Imgonnaloseit

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 23:41:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I really appreciate the advice, where do I get passive monitors and how much are they... also I don’t really know how they work. The reason I think B.B. is because my mom had them really bad when I was seventeen and did absolutely nothing, so there were so many, I’d see them everywhere it was a nightmare, they are my second biggest fear to the point where I have panic attacks. I ended up leaving my mothers with nothing but some clothes and my fathers ashes and that was 6 years ago. Also because even though the exterminator “cleared” me. I feel like he just did a piss poor job of looking.

5. Mf1616

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 20 2018 8:52:45
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a link to purchase passive monitors at the bottom of this page. If you’re in Canada, you can get them at https://bedbugsos.ca

They’re about $20-$25. You only need one per bed/couch. Here is some info about them from the inventor’s website: https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/product/passive-bed-bug-monitors/

You can also make your own by folding up some paper into a fan and attaching a paper clip at one end. I prefer the packtite passive monitors though...

6. Imgonnaloseit

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 20 2018 10:28:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m going to get passive monitors, but I live in the is idk if that makes a difference, where to I place them on my bed? Also I woke up this morning with one bit on my shoulder and one by my belly button... do they usually bite that far apart?

7. Imgonnaloseit

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 20 2018 10:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

The u.s*

8. tattycorum

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 20 2018 10:51:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Below is a link to a different type of monitor trap, more expensive. The video tells where to put them. On his website, he also has the type you put under the four legs of bed. Less expensive than these.
    bedbugcentral video on volcano passive monitors.
    Good luck! I know the panic feels awful and can be overwhelming.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,510 posts in 47,004 topics over 143 months by 20,744 of 21,019 members. Latest: Ohnoihopenot, bedbugnitemare, C333