Bites, monitor question

(6 posts)
  1. ohiodave

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 1 2012 11:37:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys, so since summer is here I have the joy of freaking out over various insect bites and thinking they are from bed bugs. Sure many of you are in the same boat.
    Earlier this week I was at a picnic and later found a number of itchy red bites on my elbow, a few in the same area. Guessing these are mosquitos based on where i was, but now worried...i have a BB Alert Passive monitor on my bed. Trying to relax. No signs of anything on the monitor. I noticed the bites on Tuesday...let's say this WAS a bed bug issue, how long would it take for signs to appear on the monitor? How many days do I have to wait before I can be reasonably relaxed that i don't have a problem?
    thanks!

2. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 9:48:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Most likely just mosquito bites. If you had bb, you'd be getting new bites within a week, as they feed roughly every 7 days. I'd say you can relax now.

3. BuggingOutinWY

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 20:39:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone had any expreinces with the Bed Bug Alert by BirdX? I bought 4 and have not had any signs of bed-bugs for a week now, however, there were TWO bad reviews on the internet (saying they didn't work, one was Amazon). I got mine from USBedbugs.com. I assume, since they are on here quite a lot, that they sell trusted products? I also read a good review on their site (or somewhere) that a PCO in Canada uses them after they exterminate and have read two other good reviews. Any advice from anyone on these types of monitors would be great. After I saw the bad review on Amazon I was panic-stricken (again!). I want to start putting my furnitue back together and unpacking SOME things. (my winter things are going to stay in completely air-tight SpaceBags...)
    This is where I originally wanted to post these questions...

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 20:43:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't really know much about Bed bug Alert by Bird-X.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 5:09:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

With regards the Bird-X device, it used to be marketed under the clearview branding and there is a report on them here:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/bedbugsclearviewtesting.html

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. BuggingOutinWY

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 16:22:55
    #

Login to Send PM

When I try to open the link it says that the file is corrupted and cannot be repaired. I just want to know if I use them for about 2 weeks if I will know if I am BB free or not... I guess I should've just bought the other passive one with the cardboard... is what I'm guessing... I am just using it to see if I have one or two stragglers. They've been in place for a week now and I've had no signs of any bbugs...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs