Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites? Maybe?

(5 posts)
  1. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 19:56:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been paranoid about bed bugs like A LOT. Sometimes I feel itchy in parts of my body and I've recently noticed these really really small red spots on my arms and legs that don't look like bites they look more like really small red dots that you have to look really closely to see. I'm wondering if these can be bites or not? And if anyone has had something familiar to this? I know this doesn't confirm bed bugs or anything I'm just wondering.

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 20:26:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Google a few images of Keratosis pilaris. Sounds like it may be that.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 21:22:54
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Google a few images of Keratosis pilaris. Sounds like it may be that.

Wow! I have that and never knew what it was. But there's something else besides that it's really really small and you can't see it unless you see really closely. But thank you for that! I thought I was allergic to gluten or something haha!

4. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 6:48:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be petichiae. I have it a bit. Super tiny, but bright red dots. I'd never have noticed them if not for how closely I've been examining my skin. I also have KP. And eczema. And acne. My skin is so sensitive, and dealing with my skin reaction anxiety has been so hard, so I understand you're anxiety.

I really rely on the principles of Occam's Razor: the most likely answer is usually the actual answer. And, another board member put it well when he said "There are more things that aren't bed bugs than are bed bugs." This helps me daily. Regular monitoring has also helped quell my anxiety.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  5. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 1:44:27
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebuggs - 18 hours ago  » 
    It could be petichiae. I have it a bit. Super tiny, but bright red dots. I'd never have noticed them if not for how closely I've been examining my skin. I also have KP. And eczema. And acne. My skin is so sensitive, and dealing with my skin reaction anxiety has been so hard, so I understand you're anxiety.
    I really rely on the principles of Occam's Razor: the most likely answer is usually the actual answer. And, another board member put it well when he said "There are more things that aren't bed bugs than are bed bugs." This helps me daily. Regular monitoring has also helped quell my anxiety.

Mine seems like a tiny tiny blood spot because when I wipe it it's like if it disappears then blood appears again but it's super tiny.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,659 posts in 50,009 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop