Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites - how long does the itch last?

(4 posts)
  1. bedoozled

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 20 2013 21:55:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all!

One of the last bites I got (still dealing with the problem, but for the moment it's less "active" in my apartment), roughly 3 weeks ago, is essentially gone - no more swelling, redness, etc. All that's left are two small, round, pin-head sized dark red dots where I assume they bit through, but weirdly, it still itches!

Not constantly, and not annoyingly, but occasionally they'll start itching again and I'll just have to keep scratching! I'm just wondering if anyone knows why/how this is the case, and if it's normal?

I'm highly prone to mosquito bites (they'll eat me alive while my friends escape unscathed), so I was wondering if it were just a sensitivity that led to lingering itchiness, or if it's something else? Thanks!

2. hayden87

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 20 2013 23:19:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert or anything but I'm also very sensitive to mosquito bites and any bug bites in general. I was bitten about a week ago approximately and all of my swelling is down and I'm not as constantly itchy as I was before. I'm really only itchy if I rub against the bites or if I'm wearing scratchy clothing. That seems to aggravate the bites and make them itch again.

3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 20 2013 23:39:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Bite reaction may vary by individual.

Some folks report that they attain relief in various ways and using OTC type products such as neosporin and other ointments.

However, this is NOT medical advice. As such, if you seek releif from your own bed bug or insect bites, you may be best served by consulting a comptent medical professional.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

4. whybedbug

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Apr 21 2013 8:37:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Me ? Mine still itch and flare up at times eventhough I got those bites more than a month ago. I even began forgetting that I was bit there. Took me 5 seconds to remember I was bit at the exact same spot. So I think it's "normal" for me

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs