Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites but no sign of bed bugs! PLEASE HELP!!!

(5 posts)
  1. Sfbb33

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 18:39:33
    #

Login to Send PM

So I recently moved out of a pretty badly bed bug infested apartment building in San Francisco. I had found live bugs and constantly got bites. I knew the whole building had them so I decided to move to another apartment in San Francisco.

I got rid of over half my stuff put everything in bags with Nuvan strips. Moved into the new apartment and was still getting the exact same bites! Unfortunately found a few bags had tears in them so I’m POSITIVE a few escaped and are now in my new apartment. Put new bags on ones with tears but I fear it’s too late as they probably escaped.

Had PCO’s come out multiple times and they all said they can’t find anything and that I don’t have bed bugs.... My apartment is pretty much empty and extremely clean. Only an air bed to sleep on. No one else in the building has bed bug problems and there is only 9 other units.

Is it possible I have bed bugs and they just can’t spot them because it’s just a few? I feel like because I came from an infested building before where live bedbugs were found it has to be bed bugs from there that moved with me. I get 2-4 bites almost every night while sleeping. Have had a few during the day as well but it’s more rare. I search everything with flashlight as soon as I get bit and find nothing!

I’m so upset that no one is helping and PCO keep saying there would be clear signs if they were here. What can I do now I feel so helpless. I have been dusting constantly with cimexa but the bites still persist. This has been going on for over 2 months now at new apartment.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 19:59:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would suggest you have a read of the posts about “infestation dynamics” and appreciate that the other building had bedbugs because people brought them into that building. There is nothing to stop you repeating that process in the new building if you continue to be exposed to bedbugs. This often means that moving does not resolve the issue but ultimately makes it worse because now two locations have bedbugs.

A better solution to detecting them if they have been brought in is monitoring and so long as there are no further introductions that can resolve issues as per the TbyPMR protocol that is online.

Equally some people become sensitive to other things post bedbug exposure which is why it is essential to confirm before treating.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 20:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites should never be used as the sole confirming evidence. Many things can irritate your skin.
    The PCO is correct, if it eats it poops.

4. Sfbb33

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 21:06:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I am very careful when outside of the apartment. Change clothes before coming in drying everything. I am home a lot and when rarely going out I take precautions against bedbugs and from bringing them home. So I do not believe it is coming from outside the apartment. I have never been bit outside the apartment.

I also just caught a tiny spider. Only bug I have seen in 2 months. Do spiders bite that much though?

Spider Pic http://imgur.com/oP2Rj9W

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Apr 18 2019 2:17:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Where and when you are bitten or react to bites is a fallacious piece of logic when it comes to working out sources of bedbugs.

I would again suggest you read those posts and documents so that you better understand the biology and mechanics of infestations.

There is a tendency with bedbugs for people to seek to always blame others, in most cases this simply delays resolution as the assumption it’s others and not self means they often continue to introduce until they realise their role in the infestation dynamics.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991