Bites but havent seen any in two weeks

(6 posts)
  1. JAllphin

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 13:04:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I found two red nymphs on my sheets under my pillows approximately two weeks ago. I killed them and instantly washed all of my bedding in hot water. While vacumming my room and treating it, I found another nymph on the wall and one on my curtains so i washed the curtains. I set off bed bug bombs in my room and sprayed and treated everything again. My mattress and box spring got put into protective covers when I first bought them on February. I live with a friend who had bed bugs before I moved in but her pco confirmed they were gone and she bought all new furniture before I moved in. Three days after treating I found a dead one on ky decorative pillows on the other side of the room, they were never on my bed after I treated it. I also found one crawling on the ceiling that I killed immediately. I set off a bomb and treated again. My mattress sits on a metal bed rider. I did find some small holes in my protective covers but taped them up and have never found any bugs stuck to the tape to show they were in the mattress trying to escape. I have yet to see anymore bugs since the one on the ceiling two weeks ago, but every Sunday and Monday night I am getting bit. Any advice? I've treated everything, my bedroom and car. No one else in the house is getting bit and I never had bites when I first seen them it was just luck that I found them. Could I be infested? If so where should I look?

2. Nodame

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 13:21:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't provide much info, but I do know that you should stop using those bed bug bombs. If you do have bed bugs, you're making it worse by using the bombs

3. JAllphin

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 14:45:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know why everyone is so against the bombs. We bombed the whole apartment and I've only bombed my room twice yet I'm still the only one getting bit so they haven't spread.

4. OhNoes

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 17:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

JAllphin - 3 hours ago  » 
    I don't know why everyone is so against the bombs. We bombed the whole apartment and I've only bombed my room twice yet I'm still the only one getting bit so they haven't spread.

So, you have bombed three times, and there still may be bugs... not particularly effective if you ask me.

5. Nodame

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jun 27 2012 18:04:51
    #

Login to Send PM

JAllphin - 3 hours ago  » 

The experts can best answer why the bombs are no good, but from what I know, the bombs can cause them to seek harborages that are less likely to be found. And your roommates may be getting bit, but not showing signs of reactions.

6. JAllphin

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jun 28 2012 1:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Like I said I'm not planning on using the bombs again I just don't know where else to check and I'm moving in three weeks and don't want to take them with me. Is there a safe way to move my.belongings? I'm planning on washing and drying everything before I take it into my oatents. I'm drying all shoes and bags, and spraying down all my furniture. I just can't explain the bites. I gave white sheets but yet no blood marks, fecal traces or anything.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,211 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10