Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bites, but can't find any bed bugs - would I have seen something by now?

(3 posts)
  1. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 12:43:57
    #

Login to Send PM

It's hitting month 3 since I escaped from bed bugs. I have all white sheets, all white mattress and box-spring covers. I dusted my bedframe and the baseboards around my bed with Cimexa. I have ClimbUps and the only thing I've found in them are silverfish. I've flipped my mattress and inspected my bedframe.

I haven't found any blood, feces, cast skins, or live bed bugs, but I keep getting bitten every few days - sometimes several days in a row.

The bites all look different radically different. I've had two on my leg that were big red splotches (doctor felt they were spider bites). Some very tiny red bumps. Some were more like mosquito bites that faded quickly. I don't know if I just live in a bug hotspot.

I've seen fleas (building has an infestation) and a dead mosquito in my kitchen. I don't know if I just live in a bad place that has lots of biting insects, but somehow don't have bed bugs. Would I have seen something on my white sheets by now if it was bed bugs?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 15:45:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Never use skin irritations to try and diagnose bed bugs. At three months the signs should be fairly easy to spot. Remember, if it eats it poops. There would be fecal deposits.

3. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 17:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better. I know all the logic is pointing away from bed bugs, but it's just comforting reading someone else say it too.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19