Bites! Bed Bugs, Fleas, Spiders, Scabies? No idea! [Pics Included]

(30 posts)
  1. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 12:23:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Quick break down of whats going on here. I’m waking up with new bites daily. Sometimes I don’t notice new bites till hours after I wake up, but it seems to me that I’m getting them while I sleep.

This has happened before, when my animals got fleas from a friend. We only had cats then, but now we have a dog too (2 cats 1 dog). When we got fleas back then only I got bites while in bed, my husband never did. But it was fleas back then.

On May 17th, we got a used couch from Craigslist. Brought it home, used a shopvac on it, and cleaned out all the cat hair since the woman had a cat. I was very paranoid about getting bugs or whatever from used furniture, so I made sure to “check out” the apartment. The apartment it came from was a 28ish year old college student. She & it looked “clean” but they were moving so a lot of their stuff was gone. By the 19th/20th I noticed I was getting bites. HOWEVER, we had been hanging out outside for the two nights before this, and I SAW that I had been bitten a few times by mosquitoes. AND on May 19th, the dog was given his first dose of preventative Advantix II for fleas/ticks etc. But every day (except one) since then - over two weeks now - I wake up with 1-4 new bites a day. They are insanely itchy. To the point where they bleed and scab over and I look like I have chicken pox. They start off almost invisible, and the more I scratch at them the bigger they get. Some stay small, but now it seems like they are getting bigger and bigger to welt sizes. I’m using “after bite” on them, which usually works for mosquito bites but isn’t helping too much this time around. Also, the bites seem to last longer then mosquito bites. I still have slight red marks from my original bites 2 weeks ago. Some don’t always itch for days, but it seems they usually itch for about 4-5 days each. Hard to tell as I’m just NOW keeping track.

I first got 2 on my ankle, then a couple on my thigh, then on my calf, and then all over my arms and a small cluster on my back grouped together in the center of my shoulder blade area. The others weren’t grouped together as they were happening however and I think the cluster on my back happened over a couple days, not just all at once. It almost seemed to me, like I was getting them where clothing wasn’t touching my body, because I’d wear shorts and a tank top to bed, and the only spots I’d get them were the bare areas. So last night I wore sleep pants and a tank top. I have new bites on my legs. So that theory is out the window.

The dog DOES sleep with us in bed, and the cats are NOT treated for fleas, as we were under the impression from reading various things, that if he’s treated with this stuff the cats don’t need it, he should be killing everything in the environment. However, I‘ve dealt with fleas before, and I know if he already had them, and there were eggs, you need to retreat, at least that’s what we had to do with the cats when they got them. I have NOT seen any animals scratching other then the dog, who scratches his face - a lot. I checked him briefly for fleas the other day, and didn’t see a thing. Not much to cover on him, he’s a 14lb Chihuahua mix. Today when my husband comes home we are going to check ALL the animals better, because this is driving me NUTS. And obviously if I’m only getting a couple bites a day I don’t think the bugs whatever they are, are high in numbers - YET! Maybe that’s why I’m not seeing them. I don't want to retreat the animals unless I KNOW because the stuff is expensive, and we don't have a $1 to our name at the moment.

On top of this, my mother was diagnosed with Scabies a couple weeks ago. I avoided going over there after I found out, but one day I did have to go shortly after getting the couch. Nobody she lives with has it with her. And from what I’m told you can have it a couple months before bites appear. So she could have had this awhile and I could have been exposed to it. From what I remember her bites looking like, mine do not look like that, mine are bigger. But, what are the chances I'd get it, and the people she lives with who put medicine on her bites don't have it?!? Not likely.

Years and years ago, one of our recliners became infested with baby spiders, and my husband was always getting bites whenever he’d sit in his chair. It was easy to figure out that’s where they were coming from because I wasn't getting it as I never sat in his chair, and easier to know it was spiders once we started seeing them. We didn’t have the dog at that point, he bought a bottle of spider killer, dragged it into another room, sprayed the entire bottle of it all over the thing, and let it sit for 24hrs before bringing it back in the living room. Problem solved.

Problem this time around is we are seeing no bugs - other then one baby white spider on my husband‘s cell phone, and one red spider (like those you see on bricks in the summer) on our side table beside the couch/chair, and some weird unidentified bug (pics below) that was on my hubby‘s chair. When cleaning the other day I checked our white mattress/box spring for ANYTHING, saw nothing. I ended up washing all the sheets and vacuuming the entire bedroom and the couch (for fur) and lo and behold I didn’t get a single bite that night. But the next night I started getting them again. Hubby has checked the couch for bugs, but it is a DARK blue and the cushions don't come out/up as its a reclining couch and everything is attached. But I have yet to see anything on it. The animals all lay on it happily.

We DO have carpet beetle larva & shells. I’ve had them all my life no matter where I lived. We have no carpets at all in the house, and are pretty clean people. But I’ve recently heard that they can be a problem like this…but I’ve never had issues with them before is my point.

I automatically assumed it was something in the couch because only I was initially getting bit. But over the last 4-5 days my husband has started getting bit on the legs. Of course his job is outside, so its possible he’s getting bit there. BUT, he does not sit on this couch. Common factor is the bed.

I’m really at a loss for what to do. My new landlord is a JERK. We’ve lived in this house for 8yrs, and he’s just a horrible guy who blames everything on us and doesn’t take care of anything around here anymore, so even though it’s a law that he gets rid of bug infestations, he probably won‘t without a huge stink, so if its something we can fix ourselves, we‘d like to. We are living paycheck to paycheck and can’t afford to buy all these products to attempt to remove bugs when we don’t know what they are. Plus, we have our animals to think about and can’t spray stuff easily with them living here, and there is nowhere to put them!

Please please help. I’m soooo sick of scratching!

So, with all that being said, here are a couple photos of my bites. (I’m so embarrassed, with all the bites I haven’t shaved my legs and you can tell in the photo! LOL!)

Original ankle bites. There are only 2, the scab is from me scratching. These COULD be mosquito bites as I was outside the night I ended up with them. They are two weeks old just about.

These are new bites this morning on my leg. They were even smaller then that, until I started scratching. All of them start off tiny and get larger and larger.

These are two original bites from two weeks ago or so. They were some of the first I noticed. They haven't itched now in like 4 days or so.

Again, a close up of one of the new bites from this morning

These are my right arm, the one I seem to get most of the bites on. Left arm has only gotten 2.

Wrist. These three on my wrist are from different days. All three didn't just show up. It was one at a time.

and here's the bug I caught the other day. I think if I was awake and this was on me. I'd know it. LOL.

No idea what it is. Any ideas? Could it be whats biting us? No clue. ANY help is much appreciated.

2. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 12:55:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I am now told my mother does NOT have Scabies. It was a misdiagnosis of eczema. So thats ruled out. Now I'm at Fleas, Spiders, or BedBugs.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 14:51:00
    #

Login to Send PM

You can't diagnose bed bugs from skin reactions. Ever.

Please read the first four FAQs here. They will give you the basics including describing options for detection of bed bugs using inexpensive bed bug monitors. Flea traps can be used to rule out fleas.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 15:08:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Please read the first four FAQs here. They will give you the basics including describing options for detection of bed bugs using inexpensive bed bug monitors. Flea traps can be used to rule out fleas.

Already have I just was curious if anyone had anything to say by anything I've posted

5. Fed-up over being Fed-on

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 17:36:08
    #

Login to Send PM

You cannot diagnose BBs from a skin reaction but those are possible BB bites or flea bites and definitly NOT a scabies parasite reaction. But seeing the bug itself makes me think you have mosquito bites.

6. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 18:37:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Fed-up over being Fed-on - 55 minutes ago  » 
    You cannot diagnose BBs from a skin reaction but those are possible BB bites or flea bites and definitly NOT a scabies parasite reaction. But seeing the bug itself makes me think you have mosquito bites.

That bug pic I posted was a mosquito? I've never seen one that looked like that before, so I had no idea what it was. I killed that a few days ago, and still am getting new bites.

My husband and I just took apart our couch using a shopvac on it (I know if its BB it won't get rid of them, but if its something else I'm hoping it will) and we saw no bugs of any sort. Cleaned out the love seat, recliner, covers, etc. Threw EVERYTHING that was cloth in the washer/dryer. And we took apart the bed, sheets, mattresses, box spring (which is on the floor) and the only thing we saw was maybe 10-15 carpet beetle shells. Mainly on his side of the bed. As I said, everyone I know has these buggers, I had them as a teen in my bedroom and they freaked me right out (still do lol) and they've never caused me to have bites before.

I checked the dog again (haven't checked the cats yet as we've been pretty busy and they are LONG haired black cats lol but will get to them soon. No fleas on the dog.

So, I haven't ruled anything out really lol. I'll be curious to see if I get more bites after doing all this cleaning. I should mention I just did "spring cleaning" about 4-5 days ago cleaning the bedroom like crazy, doing all the sheets, etc. I didn't get bit that night, but I did the next. So, we shall see.

I don't think its mosquito because I haven't seen any in the house (unless thats one in the pic, and its the only one I've seen). I do walk the dog for 5-10 minutes off and on at night, and go right to bed after, so I'd "wake up" with them if I got bit then. But, I don't remember mosquito bites being this itchy.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 19:49:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, I missed the bug photo, sorry. Yes, that's not a bed bug. I don't know what it is, though in a few days someone might see it who does.

8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 20:12:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Take a few more pictures of the bug from various directions. I can't see it so great but it could be an Assassin bug

9. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 2 2012 23:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 3 hours ago  » 
    Take a few more pictures of the bug from various directions. I can't see it so great but it could be an Assassin bug

My husband threw it out so I can't

I knew it wasn't a bed bug, but I had no idea what it was. So I figured since I was getting bit, I should take photos of it.

Another thing to throw out there....

I've never had allergies of any kind. And this year developed allergies. I had a nasty bout of them about two weeks ago maybe three weeks ago now for well over a week.

I've been reading some comments about carpet beetles and how people can have allergic reactions to the hairs on them...I KNOW I had carpet beetles in my room ALL the time as a teenager, it just seemed like we could never get rid of them. And I know I've had them here in this house..and when we were cleaning today we found a ton on the box spring/mattress (we have no bed frame, its on the floor since its pretty high up regardless). So, could it be then that now all of the sudden I'm allergic to them and my husband isn't? He has a couple bites, but he doesn't think they are from anything while he's sleeping, instead mosquitoes from being outside...

Today a brownish black carpet beetle fell from our lamp shade. Funny considering I've only seen one in a beetle stage like once.

Are there photos anywhere of the "bites" - reactions to the hairs? I'm curious if this could really be what it is.

I just need this to stop, I started feeling physically ill today and I'm wondering if its from all these bites.

10. Fed-up over being Fed-on

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 3 2012 0:06:16
    #

Login to Send PM

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 3 2012 1:13:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Kruss - 10 hours ago  » 

Nobugsonme - 17 minutes ago  » 

Already have I just was curious if anyone had anything to say by anything I've posted

Well, okay -- I would recommend re-reading the parts in the FAQ that covers detection about bed bug monitors. It's possible to have bed bugs (or fleas, etc.) and see another bug.

Monitoring can help and it can be cheap.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 3 2012 1:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Allergies change and develop and go away all the time, so it seems possible to now react to carpet beetles.

It also is possible to have another pest you have not detected yet (per my previous message).

13. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jun 4 2012 5:54:04
    #

Login to Send PM

The small bug is not a mosquito (which is a fly) and is not an assassin bug (a true bug), but looks like another kind of true bug called a long-necked seed bug, genus Myodocha, family Rhyparochromidae. It's difficult to say if it really bit you, but I've had plant feeding bugs bite me when they flew onto my skin. They are just tasting to see what you are.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  14. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 5 2012 14:07:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Yea, I didn't think it was a mosquito, or at least not one I've ever seen lol.

My husband and I did a very detailed cleaning of our entire bed and couch on Saturday.. and I haven't been bitten since. Going to do another clean out today and see what happens/what we find

15. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 10:43:20
    #

Login to Send PM

We've been too busy to do a crazy cleaning like last Saturday, but I wanted to report that I got no bug bites until yesterday...I woke up in the AM, and it felt like I had two little bites on my upper arm. They quickly stopped itching though and never got larger. So I'm thinking I was bitten by something else perhaps. Today I can't feel them at all.

But I woke up this morning as I kept scratching at a spot. Got out of bed, and saw a bite on my knee, one on my hand and another on my other arm. For the last week I've also been wearing stretch pants & a tank top to bed. So...I believe i read somewhere on here that Bed Bugs don't bite through clothing, only exposed skin...the last time I wore pants to bed and got a bit I was wearing really loose PJ pants, which I'm sure something could have crawled up. This pair nothing could have crawled up. OR is this not a definite answer to "is it bed bugs" we've still seen no evidence of them - or anything else for that matter.

Strangely enough, my husband changed our bed sheets yesterday and thats when I started getting bit. It was a set of sheets we haven't used in months so were sitting on a shelf. He said he "saw nothing" on the mattress when he switched them.

So now we are leaning towards spiders. Although we do know we have carpet beetles/larva too. The last time we had an infestation of spiders (in my husbands chair years ago) they were almost impossible to see as they were tiny and clear. We sprayed the crap out of his chair with spider killer and everything was fine. . . now we have 3 animals and we can't leave our apartment overnight, so does anyone know what we can use to spray on our bed/couch and still be able to be in the same room with it? We must be able to use it within a few hours. I mean I could spray it in the AM, leave the windows open lock the cats up in one room with their stuff, and leave for the day....

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 13:36:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Anything you can spray safely on a bed is probably going to kill only bed bugs you see and hit directly (a contact killer). That's not much use.

Anything with a residual (keeps killing later) probably isn't safe or labeled to be sprayed on your bed.

I would still recommend monitoring with bed bug monitors if you're concerned they may be the cause. Mkeep in mind it's possible something is biting you outside the home and you're getting a delayed reaction.

17. mindoverbbs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 14:42:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Kruss,

I am certainly not an expert, so guys correct me if I'm wrong here, but in addition to the important safety concerns Nobugs points out above, I would be concerned about spraying any pesticide before you have confirmation of what you're trying to eliminate. It would seem like spraying for one insect (like spiders) might exacerbate the problem if the culprit turns out to be something else, like bed bugs.

I agree that monitoring for bed bugs would be a prudent next step if you can't afford a professional inspection or a k-9.

Have you put flea traps out? Also, it's my understanding that spider bites aren't as common as people believe. There have been a few posts that I remember on this subject and on the "myth of spider bites". It seems people might have a tendency to attribute unexplained itchy welts to "spider bites" perhaps because spiders can often be found in homes so people make that association in the absence of other visible pests. Just good for thought.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Hope it resolves soon.

-Mindover

18. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 12 2012 0:59:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, we are pretty sure its not bedbugs, we've seen no evidence of them. No flecks other then what is normally there as dirt and lint and dust bunnies, etc. Our bed/box spring are both white so should be fairly easy to see. We are both just completely perplexed by what is going on. No evidence of anything. We always have spiders in the house but honestly I haven't seen many lately. I killed one about a month ago, and hubby killed one the other day. Hubby still isn't getting bit. Hubby saw two black ants in the bedroom over the last 3wks, which was odd because we never have ants.

We ended up buying EcoSmart Home Pest Control which is organic and supposed to: "Kills and repels over 100 home invading pests: Ants (including Carpenter, Red Harvester, Pavement and Argentine), Beetles, Centipedes, Cockroaches, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas, Millipedes, Pantry Pests, Pillbugs, Silverfish, Spiders, Sowbugs, Ticks and other crawling insect pests."

Apparently based on reviews its really 50/50 with if this stuff works or not, but it was the only thing safe for us and pets. So really my only option as of right now. I'm sick of getting bit and didn't want to keep waiting, its been over 3 weeks at this point, with one week of no bites in the middle after doing the 2nd clean through. This was the 3rd clean through.

Sprayed down the mattress/box spring and around the edges of the bedroom. Rewashed EVERYTHING fabric in the bedroom and vacuumed getting rid of the bag, etc. Saw only one carpet beetle larva. The smell was so bad that I could not sleep in the bed 10+ hrs after spraying it and airing out the room/house. So I slept on the couch last night. Terrible night of sleep. This morning the smell was almost gone so I went back to sleep in the bed @ 7am and slept till 11am. I have one new bite on my arm. Don't know if its from the couch, bed, or if its old and it didn't start itching till now.

Next step we will take if I keep getting bit is to spray down the couch and living room with this stuff (oh goodie more stink), if it still continues the only other thing I can do is go to the landlord who is a ROYAL pain in my ass and just upped our rent today. Moving isn't an option at this point in our lives so I can't put up too much of a stink, but I will with this. My neighbors downstairs said they are getting a lot of bugs ("roaches") in their apartment. We've NEVER had roaches. But he could be calling some of the bigger beetles that. We have "crunchie beetles" as we call them in the summer that fly in. No biggie there.

We also purchased a bunch of cedar rings for closets, but from everything I've read, they only work in inclosed spaces? I figured I'd try it anyhow, put some in many of our dresser drawers. Firgured maybe I could wipe out the carpet beetle problem while trying to solve this since they could be the issue here. But I doubt it.

Just wanted to update this. I know a lot of people said not to treat it without knowing, but I can't keep getting bit, this is insane. I look like I have chicken pox, they've scabbed over so badly, I still have some from 3 weeks ago

19. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jun 21 2012 1:02:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Just thought I'd give this a "final" update, as I know a lot of people visit old threads and wonder what the outcome was from things and the OP never says!

So its been almost two weeks since we sprayed...luckily for me, no more bites! I'm still not sure what was biting me, but whatever it is has stopped and I'm very happy about that! If for any reason they come back and I figure out (or dont) what it is, I'll post again.

PS> We can STILL smell a faint odor of the stuff we sprayed!

20. toronto_lady_m

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jun 21 2012 3:51:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Kruss,
    Your situation is almost exactly the same as mine (except I don't have any carpet beatles and cannot find any kind of bug at all in my room.)
    I have posted several times on this forum in my original post and no one has replied to me about the problem (someone did post to help with the itching), but what I'm really after is find out what the hell is eating me alive???

I feel like you do. I can't keep getting bit. I work with the public, as a pharmacy technician, and a cashier, and the bites are making me look very suspicious. I have one on my face which just really pissed me off.. whatever is biting me just made it personal. (lol)

I was reading your ongoing posts, and the suggestions from the people here, but it seems that we really are on our own to figure this all out. I am going to get flea tests this coming week, because like you I live paycheck to paycheck without a dollar to my name at this moment, so this is all hard. I can't even afford to go put all my stuff in the dryer again just incase it is BBs. It cost 15$ just to dry all of my clothes/bedding last Monday.

I have read all your posts here, and appreciate the updates, as our situations are very similar. Mysterious bites in the middle of the night. Sigh. I wish we could figure it out! Good luck
    M

21. Kruss

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jun 22 2012 3:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry to hear you are going through the same thing.

I still don't believe it was carpet beatles, although that was the only thing I really found a bunch of in the bedroom. I was pretty convinced it was the couch, since it was the only thing new in the apartment. But people here kept telling me (or others in other posts) that you could be bit and TWO weeks later have the marks. Wow! Usually with a mosquito bite I feel it that day or the next day. And I knew that with the way these itched they were not mosquito bites.

I *think* it was probably spiders to be honest. Although, I've never experianced spider bites. But I'm told that this year, since it was a bad winter - almost no winter here in the north east - all the bugs are going pretty crazy and spiders are seeking out places. Honestly, I haven't seen many spiders in the Apt. this spring/summer. Which I found unusual. However, we KNEW that my husband was "attacked" by tiny tiny tiny almost invisible baby spiders a few years back. And he had VERY itchy bites, he was covered in them. We only knew thats what they were when they started getting a little bigger and hung from the lamp beside his chair where they had lived/hatched.

If you can't afford to keep bringing things to the laundry mat, you could try the method of putting stuff out in the hot sun, then again though, other things could crawl in. So you never know.

I just hope whatever was getting me stays away!

Good luck with your situation, I hope you can figure out what's going on!

22. jniffer63

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 14:25:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my so glad I found this. I am going through the same thing. I think we all have BirdMites. Read this:

birdmites.org/notfleas.html

birdmites.org/infested.html

I woke up with 15 more this morning. I am going crazy. My boyfriend is not getting bit. My daughter was but isn't now. It's contained to two bedrooms. Washed the cat but he's still itching. Did salt and baking soda. Going to buy borax.

So what did you finally end up doing that worked and please explain the depth of the process. I am going nuts and also broke.

23. jniffer63

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 14:26:39
    #

Login to Send PM

so if you read about these.. you can't see them. they prefer females, but some males. they bite at night and you feel like something is crawling on you that you can't see. one person mentioned headaches and nausea which i am getting esp the headaches.

24. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 14:44:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you want to read something a lot more accurate and less emotive about bird mites I have dealt with a few cases and wrote this guide to how to resolve the issue correctly. You need to start by identifying and confirming the cause of the bird mites and then working back into the property.

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/birdmites.html

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  25. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 15:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

jniffer63 - 47 minutes ago  » 
    so if you read about these.. you can't see them. they prefer females, but some males. they bite at night and you feel like something is crawling on you that you can't see. one person mentioned headaches and nausea which i am getting esp the headaches.

jniffer63,

The site you linked to contains a lot of home remedies which are questionable and may even be dangerous to human health. It is not written with the assistance of experts (from what I can see). I would not rely on "information" you find there.

Bird mites are NOT invisible and my understanding is they can be successfully treated once the problem is identified. And whatever the problem is, it does need to be identified before you treat it, for treatment to succeed. So until you have visual proof and confirmation of bird mites from an expert source, make sure you rule out other problems and keep an open mind.

26. jniffer63

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 15:32:12
    #

Login to Send PM

ugh! thank you both. ok so you wouldn't try borax i take it. i do have a call into orkin. it's been a month and i have not seen a single bug. my bites have been increasing. 12-15 today. headaches though i did not conenct to my bites that site mentioned that and i have been getting worse headaches since the bites have incraesed. also as mentioned they will start itching hours after i wake up. i only get them at night. my boyfriend is not getting bitten. the cat is. but we haven't found a single anything on the cat or bed etc. it's miserable.

27. Benny93

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Oct 9 2012 6:36:07
    #

Login to Send PM

OMG. The last few days I have been waking up with bites on my legs and I have no idea what is causing them. They itch like crazy. I have no pets so I doubt that it is fleas. Any sugestions?

28. mimij

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Oct 9 2012 10:53:25
    #

Login to Send PM

A lot of the problems I'm reading about here sound like it could be Morgellons

29. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Oct 9 2012 11:22:08
    #

Login to Send PM

mimij - 15 minutes ago  » 
    A lot of the problems I'm reading about here sound like it could be Morgellons

It could be if Morgellons if it actually existed.

I have actually never seen video footage of said thread emerging from the skin and that is step 1 towards proof.

The reality is that reading does not solve any issues, researching and looking for signs and evidence does. I fear at times we are in an internet driven culture where its easier to read and assume something rather than research and confirm.

In the vastest of majorities of cases where Morgellans is bandied about as a possibility the reality turns out to be something a lot more logical that simply requires identifying. Int he case of bedbugs this will always be the simplest first step through confirmation of live samples, cast skins or faecal traces. If they are absent then other things should be considered but again it is a long list that starts with things that are easy to see such as carpet beetle larval skins and moves towards dust mites and allergic reactions which are impossible to see.

There is no good key for identifying what could be the cause are there are simply too many options and many of them cross discipline (pest control to medical and many sub medical specialisms). When you start delving into the detail and the variables you start to see bedbugs as a simple issue again.

David

30. mommyof1

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 20:33:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I started experiencing the exact same bite marks in the exact same pattern and time frame as mentioned above about 3 weeks ago and no bugs. Does any one have anymore updates? This is driving me NUTS!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,306 posts in 46,542 topics over 141 months by 20,525 of 21,387 members. Latest: eloiamb@hotmail.com, WorriedinPA, Worriedmom12