Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

bites again with a twist

(3 posts)
  1. tearsinmyears

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 21:25:48
    #

Login to Send PM

After a month with no bites or stains, I have had three distinctive bite incidents over the last two weeks. All of my previous bites were round or oval shaped red itchy welts which I eventually scratched open, these latest bites are small, narrow, inch long welts with a string of tiny red openings. The welt subsides after a day, but the tiny red dots scab over. I imagine these are new borns feeding all in a row, but I am hoping someone tells me that they are something else. The PCO is coming for our third to last monthly treatment tomorrow. How long can eggs lie dormant until they hatch?

2. bugsonme

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 8 2013 19:51:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a related question .. if you somehow have ONLY eggs, and they hatch ... how long would it take them to grow to adults and/or for signs of the infestation to be visible?

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 8 2013 23:27:15
    #

Login to Send PM

bugsonme - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have a related question .. if you somehow have ONLY eggs, and they hatch ... how long would it take them to grow to adults and/or for signs of the infestation to be visible?

Every time a bed bug feeds, it poops. This leaves fecal stains in or near areas you're bitten -- most likely bed, maybe upholstered chairs, sometimes walls or baseboards, etc.

In good conditions, an egg can hatch and grow to an adult in about a month. They bite before progressing to each higher life stage. There's an image showing the life stages in this gallery of bed bug photos.

No one can tell you how long it will take you to notice bed bugs are present because it depends in part on where they're harboring, and how closely and where you look. But the signs will be there from the start.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox