Bites after 3rd treatment

(5 posts)
  1. sarapa

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Nov 8 2018 11:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Discovered bed bugs about 8 weeks ago. The PCO said it was not a "bad" infestation and seemed limited to the master bedroom. I am a super reactor so I slept in the guest bed while my partner slept in the main bed. Had 3 treatments, 2 weeks between each. Saw one tiny guy in between 1st and 2nd treatment. Last treatment was 2 days ago. We encased the main bed, put on a new mattress pad and dried everything. Again. And I moved back into the main bed.
    I woke up this morning with 3 bites on my ankle!
    We are at wits end. I called the company and they are coming out for a fourth treatment. But what are we missing???
    We have been living out of ziplock bags etc. I don't see that they are spraying the actual bed frame. Is this an issue?
    Help!

2. keephopealive

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Nov 8 2018 12:43:42
    #

Login to Send PM

How do you know they are not spraying the bed frame?

That would indeed seem an odd move given that the frame is an ideal harborarge...

Have you done your own visual inspection of these areas?

3. sarapa

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Nov 8 2018 15:11:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I got a flashlight and inspected the footboard and there are lots of nooks and crannies that don’t look disturbed. Also no residue visible (like against the baseboards)
    Just find it super frustrating after spending a
    Lot of $$$$ we are....no better off.
    And we just bought new bedding and everything!
    Just not sure where to go from here. Called the company and they are
    Coming out to spray again. But it didn’t work the first three times!
    Sigh.
    Will plan to break down the bed this weekend, which is easier said the. Done as it’s a king sized sleigh bed.

4. keephopealive

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Nov 8 2018 15:27:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I think at this stage, further close inspection by yourself and additional targeted treatments from the PCO sound like the best course of action.

Definitely frustrating though; I suppose the only way you can approach it is to be specific in your requests regarding treatment of the bed, even though that should (of course) be a given!

5. sarapa

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Nov 8 2018 21:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

sarapa - 9 hours ago  » 
    Discovered bed bugs about 8 weeks ago. The PCO said it was not a "bad" infestation and seemed limited to the master bedroom. I am a super reactor so I slept in the guest bed while my partner slept in the main bed. Had 3 treatments, 2 weeks between each. Saw one tiny guy in between 1st and 2nd treatment. Last treatment was 2 days ago. We encased the main bed, put on a new mattress pad and dried everything. Again. And I moved back into the main bed.
    I woke up this morning with 3 bites on my ankle!
    We are at wits end. I called the company and they are coming out for a fourth treatment. But what are we missing???
    We have been living out of ziplock bags etc. I don't see that they are spraying the actual bed frame. Is this an issue?
    Help!

So I just got home and inspected the bed. There is no way they sprayed anything on the foot of the bed. There is maybe a little bit sprayed on the head of the bed, but the whole back of the headboard is dusty and undisturbed.
    Last night I was bit around the ankle, so it seems to me there are some hanging out around the footboard. The population is definitely decreased as I was bit A LOT before and we didn't see any activity when encasing the boxspring and mattress.
    Is it customary for them to spray the actual bedframe, headboard and footboard? We always have to leave the house so never really see what is actually sprayed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH